Anyone have Turion based laptop?

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
September 26, 2005 8:54:46 PM

Anyone here own a Turion based laptop from HP?

More about : turion based laptop

September 26, 2005 9:40:55 PM

me@privacy.net wrote:
> Anyone here own a Turion based laptop from HP?

Yes
September 26, 2005 11:12:41 PM

craigm <none@domain.invalid> wrote:

>me@privacy.net wrote:
>> Anyone here own a Turion based laptop from HP?
>
>Yes

What model?

Like it?

Pleased with construction?

What display size?
Related resources
September 26, 2005 11:49:08 PM

me@privacy.net wrote:
> craigm <none@domain.invalid> wrote:
>

>>me@privacy.net wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone here own a Turion based laptop from HP?
>>
>>Yes
>

> What model?

L2005CL (Sam's Club version)
see:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?docname=c003...

> Like it?

Seems OK. It had the features I was looking for at a reasonable price.

I would have preferred longer battery life, but I havn't really done
much testing to learn what to expect. The Pentium-M versions of the same
PC (DV1000 Series) may have better battery life.

I did add more memory as I frequently have several applications open at
one time.

> Pleased with construction?

Yes.

> What display size?

14 inch.
September 27, 2005 12:55:34 AM

craigm <none@domain.invalid> wrote:

>> What model?
>
>L2005CL (Sam's Club version)
>see:
>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?docname=c003...

Is this model basically the Lance Armstrong model?

Also.... do you wish you'd went with the Pent M model?

Why did you go for the Turion? Just curious
September 27, 2005 1:38:18 AM

me@privacy.net wrote:
> craigm <none@domain.invalid> wrote:
>

>>>What model?
>>
>>L2005CL (Sam's Club version)
>>see:
>>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?docname=c003...
>

> Is this model basically the Lance Armstrong model?

Yes

> Also.... do you wish you'd went with the Pent M model?

Not really. That would have been another $200-250.

> Why did you go for the Turion? Just curious

I went for the 64 bit model with the idea of eventually running Linux.
Waiting for Suse 10.0.

craigm
September 27, 2005 8:08:30 PM

craigm <none@domain.invalid> wrote:

>> Why did you go for the Turion? Just curious
>
>I went for the 64 bit model with the idea of eventually running Linux.
>Waiting for Suse 10.0.
>
>craigm

Thanks Craig

I'm a 47 year old adult college student. Started back
to college this year

I'm in market for a laptop. Like to stay around 1k or
less.
!