Anyone have Turion based laptop?

Anyone here own a Turion based laptop from HP?
6 answers Last reply
More about anyone turion based laptop

    me@privacy.net wrote:
    > Anyone here own a Turion based laptop from HP?

    Yes

    craigm <none@domain.invalid> wrote:

    >me@privacy.net wrote:
    >> Anyone here own a Turion based laptop from HP?
    >
    >Yes

    What model?

    Like it?

    Pleased with construction?

    What display size?

    me@privacy.net wrote:
    > craigm <none@domain.invalid> wrote:
    >

    >>me@privacy.net wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anyone here own a Turion based laptop from HP?
    >>
    >>Yes
    >

    > What model?

    L2005CL (Sam's Club version)
    see:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?docname=c00379735&x=0&dlc=en&lc=en&product=500388&lang=en&cc=us&y=0&

    > Like it?

    Seems OK. It had the features I was looking for at a reasonable price.

    I would have preferred longer battery life, but I havn't really done
    much testing to learn what to expect. The Pentium-M versions of the same
    PC (DV1000 Series) may have better battery life.

    I did add more memory as I frequently have several applications open at
    one time.

    > Pleased with construction?

    Yes.

    > What display size?

    14 inch.

    craigm <none@domain.invalid> wrote:

    >> What model?
    >
    >L2005CL (Sam's Club version)
    >see:
    >http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?docname=c00379735&x=0&dlc=en&lc=en&product=500388&lang=en&cc=us&y=0&

    Is this model basically the Lance Armstrong model?

    Also.... do you wish you'd went with the Pent M model?

    Why did you go for the Turion? Just curious

    me@privacy.net wrote:
    > craigm <none@domain.invalid> wrote:
    >

    >>>What model?
    >>
    >>L2005CL (Sam's Club version)
    >>see:
    >>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?docname=c00379735&x=0&dlc=en&lc=en&product=500388&lang=en&cc=us&y=0&
    >

    > Is this model basically the Lance Armstrong model?

    Yes

    > Also.... do you wish you'd went with the Pent M model?

    Not really. That would have been another $200-250.

    > Why did you go for the Turion? Just curious

    I went for the 64 bit model with the idea of eventually running Linux.
    Waiting for Suse 10.0.

    craigm

    craigm <none@domain.invalid> wrote:

    >> Why did you go for the Turion? Just curious
    >
    >I went for the 64 bit model with the idea of eventually running Linux.
    >Waiting for Suse 10.0.
    >
    >craigm

    Thanks Craig

    I'm a 47 year old adult college student. Started back
    to college this year

    I'm in market for a laptop. Like to stay around 1k or
    less.

Hewlett Packard Laptops Hardware Turion Computers Product