Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Want to be First to Duke Nukem Forever Demo?

Last response: in News comments
October 6, 2010 11:19:50 AM

I knew I held out on Borderlands for a reason, Borderlands here I come.
Score
October 6, 2010 11:26:17 AM

meh, was going to get the Goty edition anyway, Borderlands is epic good fun with a few mates
Score
Related resources
October 6, 2010 11:26:37 AM

It's time to kickass and chew bubblegum ... and I'm all outa gum.

Score
October 6, 2010 11:33:45 AM

its about time..... i got balls of steel
Score
October 6, 2010 11:41:15 AM

is it wrong to pirate a demo, duke nukem edition
Score
October 6, 2010 12:01:20 PM

As alidan has hinted at... I personally will not think twice about downloading this demo. I mean the demo is not even being bundled with a newish game. Although I am fairly sure that the demo will miss the one thing we all want from DN... formidable online multiplayer.
Score
October 6, 2010 12:07:29 PM

Quote:
Then you'll have to buy the new release of Borderlands.

Or go on youtube the day of the release.
Score
October 6, 2010 12:25:02 PM

alidanis it wrong to pirate a demo, duke nukem edition

In this scenario, I'll have to say, no. No it isn't.

If I have some cash, I'll be sure to pick up the GoTY edition. :D 
Score
October 6, 2010 12:27:12 PM

it's ok... it will be available via torrent
Score
October 6, 2010 12:29:04 PM

oo another dlc.. how did claptrap robot revolution get out without me noticing.. all the dlc and the game have been awsome, have to steam the new one when i get home :D  this made my day!

as for dnf... when it hits steam i'll probably get it but not really intrested in beta testing it, never really got the point of beta testing for free .. so i'm gonna find your glitches on my time for your profit
Score
October 6, 2010 12:58:20 PM

Shakem baby !!

Duke had booth babes before anyone else ...
Score
October 6, 2010 12:59:45 PM

If I have to hawk my spare kidney I will have a copy of DNF on release date
Score
October 6, 2010 1:48:31 PM

"Want to be First to Duke Nukem Forever Demo?"

No. I no longer care because they took too damn long to come out with it. And why is a PC version of a game going to be cheaper then console versions?
Score
October 6, 2010 2:00:25 PM

ksharp25"Want to be First to Duke Nukem Forever Demo?"No. I no longer care because they took too damn long to come out with it. And why is a PC version of a game going to be cheaper then console versions?

PC games are always cheaper than consoles
Didn't you know?
Score
October 6, 2010 2:25:54 PM

ksharp25And why is a PC version of a game going to be cheaper then console versions?

...because they usually are. (Not that it makes a hell of a lot of sense.)
Score
October 6, 2010 2:37:00 PM

I've heard countless times Microsoft and Sony charge roughly $10 per game released on console, or so I've heard.

But EA and Ubisoft are looking to change that apparently, with new PC games running 59.99. Like SC:C, Assassin's Creed 2, Crysis 2 and MOH.
Score
October 6, 2010 2:46:24 PM

back_by_demandPC games are always cheaper than consolesDidn't you know?

Console makers lose money / maybe break even on hardware knowing that they will make it up on games sales. Not so with PC's, hence the lower price.
Score
October 6, 2010 3:06:54 PM

I'm going to buy it. I hate to admit it, but I'm going to buy it, and I'm going to play the demo first, then Borderlands :D .
Score
October 6, 2010 3:10:32 PM

I can see the Duke Nukem Demo breaking a few torrent download records. :D 

Always bet on Duke!
Score
October 6, 2010 3:15:22 PM

Damn, those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride!

can't wait!
Score
October 6, 2010 3:20:22 PM

"For those who grabbed Borderlands when it launched last year (like I did), this is a bit of a bummer."

Agreed, not a great way for gearbox to treat us paying customers. This sort of thing really encourages piracy of the demo as others mentioned.
Score
October 6, 2010 4:06:14 PM

i'm going to wait for the official pirated version of DNF :) 
DOH!
Score
October 6, 2010 4:13:05 PM

Quote:
For those who grabbed Borderlands when it launched last year (like I did), this is a bit of a bummer.

I just picked it up yesterday for $5 on clearance at Target... I like to think I still came out ahead here, demo or no demo.
Score
October 6, 2010 5:20:43 PM

schizofrogAlthough I am fairly sure that the demo will miss the one thing we all want from DN... formidable online multiplayer.

Who cares about multiplayer in a Duke Nukem game?
Score
October 6, 2010 5:43:22 PM

Dirtman73Who cares about multiplayer in a Duke Nukem game?

Back in the day a "Duke-fest" in the office after work was the highlight of the week. Friday evening me, the boss and half a dozen other staff would finish work and get a pizza in and run past midnight. It's hard to believe it was nearly 14 years ago I was essentially doing a LAN party.
Damn I feel old...
Score
October 6, 2010 5:48:48 PM

after what they did with dn which if i remember correctly was just a big sham, they never really intended to release it....dn was my first shooter that i loved but i'm not interested and probably will d/l the torrent out of curiosity and for my friends who might make the mistake of actually paying for this
duke nukem forever torrents!!
Score
October 6, 2010 6:45:32 PM

But I already bought borderlands via Steam...
Score
October 6, 2010 7:14:36 PM

sliemBut I already bought borderlands via Steam...

Yep...with all the expansions. A lot of people did. Well...it's just the first crack at the demo...some people will feel slighted (somewhere in my head, this includes me) but it really comes down to a push to get the people who haven't bought yet. (Plus, they might give us a crack at it, too. I've seen Steam update stuff to GotY edition before.)
Score
October 6, 2010 7:37:04 PM

I hate borderlands though. It's bland. and it's shoot shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, finally it's dead.
Score
October 6, 2010 8:08:41 PM

Shouldn't the title read "Want to be First to Demo Duke Nukem Forever"?
Score
October 6, 2010 8:22:39 PM

Dirtman73Who cares about multiplayer in a Duke Nukem game?

Are you joking? Didn't duke nukem pretty much create the lan party?
Score
October 6, 2010 8:25:58 PM

Yes I want to be "first to Duke Nukem Forever demo. "

I had no idea "Duke Nukem Forever demo" was a verb.
Score
October 6, 2010 8:49:59 PM

alidanis it wrong to pirate a demo, duke nukem edition

No, it's wrong for Gearbox Software to distribute the demo as a bundle with a game. The whole idea of a demo is to demonstrate your game to as wider public as possible. This is something else, it's this company trying to cash in form the painful 13 years people spent waiting the flipping duke nukem. That's wrong and we have to vote by our wallets and not buy the Borderlands and download the Duke demo!
Score
October 6, 2010 11:01:15 PM

Something tells me that the demo of DNF will be on torrent sites mere hours after the GoTY version of Borderlands comes out. However, considering that I haven't checked out Borderlands yet I may have to check this out.
Score
October 6, 2010 11:05:39 PM

50 bucks lol. microsoft showed me already with the banhammer that buying software for a demo is NOT ever worth it. I got pushed into buying crackdown to try halo 3 demo... blah I'm never going through that again. these software vendors are hard pressed to sell me games any more.
Score
October 6, 2010 11:23:06 PM

But I want to play the demo now!!!!!!!!
Score
October 7, 2010 12:01:02 AM

Not interested - no thanks.
Score
October 7, 2010 12:05:32 AM

will be on the torrent sites within hours....good effort tho gearbox
Score
October 7, 2010 6:48:52 AM

I will try that one.
Score
October 7, 2010 7:26:22 PM

Oh my... Duke Nukem is not forever (unfinished) anymore!!!!

Guess, nothing is really orever....

:p 
Score
October 12, 2010 5:00:08 PM

Will Duke Nukem be able to find a place in our hearts even though the gaming industry has changed so drastically?

Still. I'll believe it when the game is on the shelves. All these "Demos" don't mean that a game is going to be released. For example; Robotech: Crystal Dreams (N64).
Score
!