I have Windows XP and I just installed Adaware SE for spyware. When I run
it, it runs for about one minute and then I get a little box that says"the
remote procedure call service is terminating unexpectedly. This system
shutdown is authorized by NT Authority\System. So, it will run for about a
minute and then this box will come up. It will restart the system every
time. Does anyone know what this means.

Janine

Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
(Links to online virus scans on the same page)

Good Luck!
---
How to optimize Windows XP, 2000, ME
for the best performance (Step-by-step Visual Guide):

"Janine" wrote:

> I have Windows XP and I just installed Adaware SE for spyware. When I run
> it, it runs for about one minute and then I get a little box that says"the
> remote procedure call service is terminating unexpectedly. This system
> shutdown is authorized by NT Authority\System. So, it will run for about a
> minute and then this box will come up. It will restart the system every
> time. Does anyone know what this means.
>
> Janine

Hi

Your system has been infected. Please have a look at the following links:

"Virus Alert About the Blaster Worm and Its Variants"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826955

Sasser?
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/sasser.htm

--