Filthelement

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Hi everyone,
Ive been searching everywhere and cant find a solution to my problem..

The problem is, when playing some games, not all, my pc shuts itself down and restarts..

I can play Crysis Wars, Crysis 2 and the BF3 beta for as long as I want with no probs, but as soon as I try BFBC2 or COD4MW all hell breaks loose.

If I dont play the "bad" games for a long time (weeks-months) I can play for a few hours before it dies but once it reboots once i cant even play for 5 mins before it reboots again.

Firstly I dont think its a heat problem..

I have ran stress tests with FurMark, Prime95, and Memtest all at once for just over an hour and a half and had no probs at all, the CPU temp reached 90-91c and the GPU topped at 84c with everything maxed out.

I have the latest NVIDIA beta driver installed (the one needed for BF3) and have tried the previous driver with no difference.

My PC is:
Motherboard - Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Rev1.6
CPU - Intel Core i7-930 2.8GHz
GPU - Gigabyte GTX260 896MB GDDR3
PSU - Hytec Forte 1000 watt
RAM - 6GB Kingston
HDD - 500GB
Logitech G19 Keyboard
Logitech G700 Mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
My monitors are a 19"Samsung SyncMaster 931BW and an old 15"hp1502 (I use the second for multi-tasking for work)

This is really starting to annoy me, I cant even finish the campaign on BFBC2.

Oh and I have disabled the auto restart on fail for Windows and I dont get any BSOD, I also checked the event viewer and the only warnings I have are:
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device Root\SIDESHOW\0001.

and the critical error for kernel-power saying "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Your problem probably lies with the CPU. 90-91 for the i7 is way too high!

Have you tried monitoring your CPU/ GPU temp's while gaming? Try using CPUID/ GPU-Z to monitor your CPU as well as GPU temp's. See them in some games and also try an monitor them in BFBC2.

Post them here and then let's see.

Filthelement

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
I ran Everest and saved a log till it crashed, I think i can rule out temps probs

temps.jpg

Filthelement

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
I have found out the problems lie with compatability between Win7 x64, Drivers, Punkbuster and the game..
I got COD working fine, but with BFBC2, ill just wait a few more days for BF3.

Thankyou everyone for your help!