ECS-k7vza flashing bios

G

I have what may be a dumbass question. When looking over the BIOS flashes for my mobo I find about 8 different versions (1.1a-1.1g, 1.2e). My question is do I need to flash every version in order or will just flashing the latest version take care of all the problems, patches etc. covered in all the previous versions. I ask this because ver. 1.1a is larger than 1.2e Thanks for any help you can give.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
All you need is the latest version (look at the dates rather than the size) that's it.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
hehe, don't worry dart, i was just about to ask the same question. i honestly never knew, seein as my current mobo has only had one bios update since i've had it.

ewww, put that thing away, you're in public!

waggers

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i asked exactly the same thing yesterday under my post of bios update,thanks for the answer.i'd better get on and do it now
regards waggers

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
I have a ecs k7vza and really just had it running for a week and threw it into my closet, well my question is, did you ever encounter any errors while installing your OS while using this board? I was on ME when using that board and tried upgrading to win2k, while copying the setup files a few of them wouldnt copy, i was never able to upgrade, so i switched boards :) But if there is a fix to this, i wouldn't mind using the board to run a extra system. Thanks

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
i had problems installing to that board too. i flashed the bios and it has been rock solid ever since. not one crash or lockup in 8+ months so far...

...and i would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids...

G

Just got done putting the system together on Mon. night and so far so good. Updated the via drivers and bios with no problems. Am running windows 98 with 512Mb of generic ram, Voodoo3 2000 video card, onboard sound, Hp 9100 cd burner,
only problem so is while playing Undying by Ea it sometime locks up. Other than that no problems yet. Haven't tried to write to a cd yet though