Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Running MGI PhotoSuite 4 SE opens up 'Internet Properties'

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
October 21, 2004 2:17:44 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

I have been using this programme off late; it came bundled with my Intel
cs630 camera with the Intel Create and Share package. I don't remember when
I last used this programme, and today when I tried to run it a strange thing
happened, whenever I would try to run the programm, it would open 'internet
options' panel. I uninstalled the programme and then reinstalled it, to no
avail. The other softwares/programmes within the 'create and share' bundle
work okay, its just MGI PhotoSuite 4 SE that is causing this behaviour. Can
someone help? And if this is not the appropriate newsgroup, any idea as to
where shall I go?
Thanking in anticipation.
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 2:17:45 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

From Roxio's web site:

"Current releases of PhotoSuite that show Windows XP in the Minimum System
Requirements are compatible with Windows XP...If you choose to run ROXIO
products that have not been approved for operation under Windows XP, you do
so at your own risk."
--
Ted Zieglar


"Usman" <captain_usman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:eUsKGgstEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I have been using this programme off late; it came bundled with my Intel
> cs630 camera with the Intel Create and Share package. I don't remember
when
> I last used this programme, and today when I tried to run it a strange
thing
> happened, whenever I would try to run the programm, it would open
'internet
> options' panel. I uninstalled the programme and then reinstalled it, to no
> avail. The other softwares/programmes within the 'create and share' bundle
> work okay, its just MGI PhotoSuite 4 SE that is causing this behaviour.
Can
> someone help? And if this is not the appropriate newsgroup, any idea as to
> where shall I go?
> Thanking in anticipation.
>
>
>
October 21, 2004 2:36:28 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

The Program is compatible with Windows XP, as I told earlier I have been
using it previously as well, the recent thing that I have done to my pc is
installing sp2, after which I have noticed this change. Any other thoughts?



"Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23iAsWmstEHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> From Roxio's web site:
>
> "Current releases of PhotoSuite that show Windows XP in the Minimum System
> Requirements are compatible with Windows XP...If you choose to run ROXIO
> products that have not been approved for operation under Windows XP, you
> do
> so at your own risk."
> --
> Ted Zieglar
>
>
> "Usman" <captain_usman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:eUsKGgstEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> I have been using this programme off late; it came bundled with my Intel
>> cs630 camera with the Intel Create and Share package. I don't remember
> when
>> I last used this programme, and today when I tried to run it a strange
> thing
>> happened, whenever I would try to run the programm, it would open
> 'internet
>> options' panel. I uninstalled the programme and then reinstalled it, to
>> no
>> avail. The other softwares/programmes within the 'create and share'
>> bundle
>> work okay, its just MGI PhotoSuite 4 SE that is causing this behaviour.
> Can
>> someone help? And if this is not the appropriate newsgroup, any idea as
>> to
>> where shall I go?
>> Thanking in anticipation.
>>
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 2:36:29 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Usman wrote:
> The Program is compatible with Windows XP, as I told earlier I have been
> using it previously as well, the recent thing that I have done to my pc is
> installing sp2, after which I have noticed this change. Any other thoughts?
>
>
>
> "Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
> news:%23iAsWmstEHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>
>>From Roxio's web site:
>>
>>"Current releases of PhotoSuite that show Windows XP in the Minimum System
>>Requirements are compatible with Windows XP...If you choose to run ROXIO
>>products that have not been approved for operation under Windows XP, you
>>do
>>so at your own risk."
>>--
>>Ted Zieglar
>>
>>
>>"Usman" <captain_usman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:eUsKGgstEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>
>>>I have been using this programme off late; it came bundled with my Intel
>>>cs630 camera with the Intel Create and Share package. I don't remember
>>
>>when
>>
>>>I last used this programme, and today when I tried to run it a strange
>>
>>thing
>>
>>>happened, whenever I would try to run the programm, it would open
>>
>>'internet
>>
>>>options' panel. I uninstalled the programme and then reinstalled it, to
>>>no
>>>avail. The other softwares/programmes within the 'create and share'
>>>bundle
>>>work okay, its just MGI PhotoSuite 4 SE that is causing this behaviour.
>>
>>Can
>>
>>>someone help? And if this is not the appropriate newsgroup, any idea as
>>>to
>>>where shall I go?
>>>Thanking in anticipation.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
MDI Photo Suite is not a "Roxio" Program.................
It is a seperate photo editing program.
Just register it and the box will go away.
October 22, 2004 3:42:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Where do I register? It doesn't enter the program, just goes to IE
Properties whenever I click on the exe file.

"Rick S." <Notme@no.net> wrote in message
news:%23hPkvRxtEHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Usman wrote:
>> The Program is compatible with Windows XP, as I told earlier I have been
>> using it previously as well, the recent thing that I have done to my pc
>> is installing sp2, after which I have noticed this change. Any other
>> thoughts?
>>
>>
>>
>> "Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:%23iAsWmstEHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>
>>>From Roxio's web site:
>>>
>>>"Current releases of PhotoSuite that show Windows XP in the Minimum
>>>System
>>>Requirements are compatible with Windows XP...If you choose to run ROXIO
>>>products that have not been approved for operation under Windows XP, you
>>>do
>>>so at your own risk."
>>>--
>>>Ted Zieglar
>>>
>>>
>>>"Usman" <captain_usman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>news:eUsKGgstEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>>>I have been using this programme off late; it came bundled with my Intel
>>>>cs630 camera with the Intel Create and Share package. I don't remember
>>>
>>>when
>>>
>>>>I last used this programme, and today when I tried to run it a strange
>>>
>>>thing
>>>
>>>>happened, whenever I would try to run the programm, it would open
>>>
>>>'internet
>>>
>>>>options' panel. I uninstalled the programme and then reinstalled it, to
>>>>no
>>>>avail. The other softwares/programmes within the 'create and share'
>>>>bundle
>>>>work okay, its just MGI PhotoSuite 4 SE that is causing this behaviour.
>>>
>>>Can
>>>
>>>>someone help? And if this is not the appropriate newsgroup, any idea as
>>>>to
>>>>where shall I go?
>>>>Thanking in anticipation.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
> MDI Photo Suite is not a "Roxio" Program.................
> It is a seperate photo editing program.
> Just register it and the box will go away.
November 5, 2009 11:44:36 PM

I too am experiencing this problem of internet properties page displaying when I attempt to open PS4.

I have been using the product (which I bought from Roxio) for over a year without ANY problems except a couple of application don't function, not important to me. And, I run Vista HE and it has had no bearing.

Then today, for no apparent reason I have found after full computer diagnosis, the program refuses to open and Internet properties page displays instead.

The product IS registered. I performed a system restore today as well as uninstalling the program twice and reinstalling, no effect.

I have written to roxio tech support and await a reply but I wrote them last year on another, unrelated matter but never recieved a reply.

This is very frustrating when there isn't an obvious answer and I do like this program, it does what I want to a certain degree and despite all the flak MGI products get, I have not found any other program that preforms
as this has. If anyone could furnish us with an answer to this, I'd be so grateful.

I found this site after posing the question to the browser. Hope someone can direct me on the right path into solving this issue. I know I could, possibly use a different application but I am comfortable with ps4 as
I was with ps2 which is no longer available and I lost my back up disk whilst moving home. I'd love a copy of that too if anyone should have it (please)...
tc
!