Official 120GB xbox 360 HDD format problems, help D:

Hey so i recently though i would upgrade to a shiney 120GB official xbox 360 Hard drive, to match the elite console i had recently brought.

I however cheap-ed out on the transfer cable, opting for a cheap Chinese knock-off rather than spend the full 15£ or whatever the stupid price was that MS wanted for theirs (this is about 3/4 the price i paid for my HDD ;/) so after receiving both items i read the instructions and didn't manage to get it to work, note; the 120GB new drive worked perfectly to start with. but after awhile i chose the option 'format to USB' or something similar (this is with the new 120GB plugged into the XBOX using the cheap cable) now i know this was completely the wrong thing to do, but i was out of ideas at the time and didn't think it would hurt it. /facepalm. basically now the xbox only shows the new drive as a 1gb memory stick, (when plugged in correctly on the top, or using this cable). and I'm not really sure if/how i can fix this drive to be read as a normal drive again.

any help is appreciated.

I'm sorry i know i haven't explained this situation very well, please ask if you need any more information.

-Matt
3 answers Last reply
More about official 120gb xbox format problems
  1. bump for some help
  2. having the exact same problem
  3. another bump, still have the problem, and im sure there is a way to fix this, any help appreciated.

-Lixah
Ask a new question

Read More

Console Gaming Xbox 360 Hard Drives Video Games