Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Several people hace asked this with no solutions here. I'll try again. When I
click on add/remove hardware in control panel, the list that comes up has a
HUGE gap between the first 10 programs and the last 20 or so. Any suggestions
on how to fix this? Thanks!

Add or Remove - White Space
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#ws

This is generally due to the DisplayIcon having a negative number. From here
you can either remove the negative number or remove the last application
listed: Start/Run/Regedit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{}

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/autocadaddremovefix.zip

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.zip

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:A44AE326-A2C1-4FDC-9B93-FF39AD48DE67@microsoft.com,
Jon <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Several people hace asked this with no solutions here. I'll try
> again. When I click on add/remove hardware in control panel, the list
> that comes up has a HUGE gap between the first 10 programs and the
> last 20 or so. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!

Wes, I'm a bit confused. First, what do you mean by remove the negative
number in the registry. I drilled down to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{},
but am unsure what to do once I'm there. Also, the files you linked to:are
they fixes? I do have autocad installed, and the gap on the add/remove list
is right after autocad.
Do I run one of the linked files to fix it instead of tweaking the registry?
Sorry I don't understand. Thanks for your help, - Jon

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Add or Remove - White Space
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#ws
>
> This is generally due to the DisplayIcon having a negative number. From here
> you can either remove the negative number or remove the last application
> listed: Start/Run/Regedit:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{}
>

> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/autocadaddremovefix.zip
>
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.zip
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:A44AE326-A2C1-4FDC-9B93-FF39AD48DE67@microsoft.com,
> Jon <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Several people hace asked this with no solutions here. I'll try
> > again. When I click on add/remove hardware in control panel, the list
> > that comes up has a HUGE gap between the first 10 programs and the
> > last 20 or so. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!

Jon,

I have AutoCAD LT 2000i. The white space in Add or Remove Programs usually
shows up after the AutoCAD LT 2000i listing. If you want to tweak the
registry...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5783
F2D7-0065-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
DisplayIcon
REG_SZ
C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2000i\aclt.exe,-1

Notice the aclt.exe,-1?? You can change it to read aclt.exe,1

Or you can run one of the fixes. I have both autocadaddremovefix.zip &
autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.zip. They both include icons. I believe
that autocadaddremovefix.vbs is the one that works for me, but I always run
both. I just never took the time to see which one did the trick. It's
easier to just click a couple of times.

I get the white space in Add or Remove Programs every time that I add or
remove a program. It isn't always AutoCAD LT that has the white space after
it, sometimes it's another program. At any rate, one of the fixes will
work. Until the next time. ;-)

autocadaddremovefix.vbs adds an autocad.ico icon to the %systemroot%\web
folder. It also adds this to the registry >>
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5783
F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
DisplayIcon
REG_EXPAND_SZ
%systemroot%\web\autocad.ico

autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.vbs adds an acad.ico icon to the
%systemroot%\web folder. It also adds this to the registry >>
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5783
F2D7-0138-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
DisplayIcon
REG_EXPAND_SZ
%systemroot%\web\acad.ico

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:47A5EAF9-44C1-4729-A17D-4D31439EC46A@microsoft.com,
wedodesign <wedodesign@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Wes, I'm a bit confused. First, what do you mean by remove the
> negative number in the registry. I drilled down to
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{},
> but am unsure what to do once I'm there. Also, the files you linked
> to:are they fixes? I do have autocad installed, and the gap on the
> add/remove list is right after autocad.
> Do I run one of the linked files to fix it instead of tweaking the
> registry? Sorry I don't understand. Thanks for your help, - Jon
>

> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> Add or Remove - White Space
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#ws
>>
>> This is generally due to the DisplayIcon having a negative number.
>> From here you can either remove the negative number or remove the
>> last application listed: Start/Run/Regedit:
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{}
>>

>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/autocadaddremovefix.zip

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.zip

>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:A44AE326-A2C1-4FDC-9B93-FF39AD48DE67@microsoft.com,
>> Jon <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Several people hace asked this with no solutions here. I'll try
>>> again. When I click on add/remove hardware in control panel, the
>>> list that comes up has a HUGE gap between the first 10 programs and
>>> the last 20 or so. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!

Wes,

I tweaked the registry manually and it worked! Thanks again.

Jon

Keep having fun, Jon! :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:C5A33898-FC06-4C49-B579-AFAEFDE2A0DD@microsoft.com,
> [...]
>> %systemroot%\web\acad.ico
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:47A5EAF9-44C1-4729-A17D-4D31439EC46A@microsoft.com,
>> wedodesign <wedodesign@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Wes, I'm a bit confused. First, what do you mean by remove the
>>> negative number in the registry. I drilled down to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{},
>>> but am unsure what to do once I'm there. Also, the files you linked
>>> to:are they fixes? I do have autocad installed, and the gap on the
>>> add/remove list is right after autocad.
>>> Do I run one of the linked files to fix it instead of tweaking the
>>> registry? Sorry I don't understand. Thanks for your help, - Jon

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{}

TRENDING THREADS