Moving C: to E: back to C:

When I partitioned my harddrive. I made one big c: 160GB.
I noticed that I missed 21GB when I partitioned.

I made a 21GB E: my DVD is D:

I want to move all of C: over to the new E:
Rename old C: to E: or something else and make my new E: C: so I can boot
from that and have the over 100GB as my D: drive for all my programs and my
documents.

I can do this if I have a nother hard drive but, since this is all on one
drive. I seem not to be able to it..

How can I do this?

Thanks,

Morgan

morgandeath@charter.net

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

That does not make any sense to do...get partition magic 8.0 and expand your
current c:\ to include the "lost" 21 gigabytes.

My personal experience shows that I had a gross misconception about software
engineers...I assumed that they were intelligent and were able to write
code! As I found out the hard way, even Microsoft is not immune to my
misconception. I have found that if I install software someplace else,
other than c:\Program files, I have always got glitches with the
program...especially at update time. My suggestion is not to install
programs in any other location than the default one...save yourself the
headaches.

Morgan De'Ath wrote:
> When I partitioned my harddrive. I made one big c: 160GB.
> I noticed that I missed 21GB when I partitioned.
>
> I made a 21GB E: my DVD is D:
>
> I want to move all of C: over to the new E:
> Rename old C: to E: or something else and make my new E: C: so I can
> boot from that and have the over 100GB as my D: drive for all my
> programs and my documents.
>
> I can do this if I have a nother hard drive but, since this is all on
> one drive. I seem not to be able to it..
>
> How can I do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Morgan
>
> morgandeath@charter.net

A clean installation. You cannot move the boot partition to any other drive
without a clean installation. There may be 3rd-party software that might be
able to accomplish this, but I don't know of any.
lose his marbles?