Hyperlinks Do Not Work WTF?

lonelypauly

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
This has one has me stumped like no other, and I have tried just about everything besides reinstall the OS (Windows2000Pro)

Problem: When clicking on url/web links in MSN messenger nothing happens. No new window opens, nothing. I have tried all of the settings imaginable in MSN messenger and Internet Explorer, but nothing.
Has anyone ever had this problem before?
I've tried unistalling MSN Messenger but that doesn't help. Will I have to uninstall the OS?

<b><font color=blue>Athlon64 3200+ Winchester/MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI/MSI 6800 Ultra/1 GB Kingston HyperX (Dual Channel)/74GB WD Raptor/600Watt Enermax Noisetaker/ Dual Mitsubishi 21 Inch Monitors</b></font color=blue>

riser

Illustrious
Have you tried holding the ctrl key when clicking the link?

I think you can download MSN messenger and reinstall it. I'm not aware if it's not integrated into 2k like it is in XP. You might be able to uninstall and reinstall it, but you'll want to do a restart after the uninstall to make sure most of it is cleared out.

RichPLS

Champion
Or the shift key while clicking.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

riser

Illustrious
You've been off lately and not reading the posts eh? haha

It's in MSN Messenger.. read the post! I think you did that in another post somewhere too..heh

Get some sleep.

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Use Trillian.
MSN messenger always had little problems like that.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

RichPLS

Champion
There are only 18 hrs in your day?

So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
interesting, I have to have sex.