Gigabyte GA-7DXR AGP problem

G

Hello.
I have a Gigabyte GA-7DXR Mainboard and I am having trouble with the AGP slot. Is this slot an AGP-PRO only? I have tried a couple of AGP boards but they do not seem to work. The system runs fine with an old PCI video card slapped in it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Zed

G

AGP-PRO only? There is no such thing. Ittle take any type of agp card curently out there.

Far more info is required. Ive had both an overcloacked Geforce2MX and old Gforce 256 working in my DXR. One problem I did have with the board was that it wouldnt boot with my SBLive in 1 particular slot. There is also another PCI slot which *MUST* share an IRQ with the AGP slot - you cant get round that.

1 other problem, was that using the drivers off the disk or off Gigabyte's website gave me a PCI buss mastering driver error in device manager. Using vias 4 in 1's (no agp driver) and AMD's win 9X miniport driver sorted that.

I still have a problem with the PS2 mouse port - but I havent yet ruled out a registry patch that Ive used that I think may have cause the problem.