Windows XP SP2 Screen Resolution Problem

Screen resolution changes are not kept after a new logon if the user is part
of POWER USERS group.
If the user change the screen resolution to 1024 x 768, after a new logon
the system autoswitch to 1280 x 1024.

An LCD monitor is attached to the PC.

The problem do not occur if I add this user to the ADMINISTRATORS group.

I updated the adapter and monitor drivers but the problem seems to persist.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows screen resolution problem

    Same problem, LCD Monitor attached to the HP D530 CMT box.
    If we change the monitor to a standard one, the problem does not
    appear.
    If we move the user to an administrator group, the problem does not
    appear.

    Any help would be appreciated !

    Sylvain

    --