Not able to get any pages up on internet

My friend has windowsXP on his computer and when he gets on the internet and
trys to do anything. He keeps getting C:\windows\system32\notfound.html in
his search bar. Can you help me figure out how to help him get back up on the
internet. Thank You for all you can help with....

null

cdncr58 wrote:

> My friend has windowsXP on his computer and when he gets on the internet and
> trys to do anything. He keeps getting C:\windows\system32\notfound.html in
> his search bar. Can you help me figure out how to help him get back up on the
> internet. Thank You for all you can help with....

First, we need to know if he is actually connected to the Internet.

If you run ipconfig /all from a command line, what do you get?

Can he ping any web sites from a command line?

These questions will help to answer as to whether he is actually
connected to the Internet through his ISP. If he's not connected, he
should check his cabling and contact his ISP for assistance, or we might
be able to help him here, but his ISP would probably be quicker.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.