Sign in with
Your question

Cant find BIOS upgrade for INTEL 440 LX AGP

Last response: in Motherboards
October 3, 2001 8:48:37 PM

does anyone (ok, i mean crashman) know where i can find a bios upgrade for the 440LX agpset mobo? i looked on the intel site with no luck. right now i have version 6, i believe. i need to install a 30gb ibm drive and the current bios doesnt support that. can anyone help?

...and i would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids...
October 3, 2001 9:23:24 PM

Be more specific about the BIOS version, such as posting the entire number and make (Award, AMI, Phoenix, etc.) Then give us some information about the mainboard, like the brand, model number, ATX or AT.

It is an Intel board? OEM?

Locating a BIOS without this kind of information is next to impossible.

Toejam31

<font color=red>My Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847&lt;/A>

<font color=purple>"Have you noticed how much they look like orchids? Lovely!"</font color=purple>
October 3, 2001 9:48:48 PM

oh, ok... im sorry. heres more info. oem board i believe, the system is a pos "micron". the mobo sticker says al 440lx w/agp. it has a p2 233mhz processor. atx pwr supply, the bios is phoenix 4.0 release 6.0. sorry about being so vague, let me know if you need more.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 3, 2001 11:17:02 PM

aaahhhh, very nice. thank you, i always seem to have trouble at the intel site. i must have an amd chip in my head...

October 4, 2001 12:54:51 AM

hmmmm.... i just checked it. the bios on the machine is 4A4LLOXO.05A and the bios on the intel site is 4A4LLOXO.86A. the instructions say to make sure all 11 charecters match. is there another one? will that one work?

!