baddad

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
I started playing Rage in easy as I always do when I first get a game to get the feel of it, and learn what it’s all about. It wasn’t long before I was saying to myself this game fells a and plays a lot like Borderlands except for the driving which I just hate, Borderlands driving is the best of any game I have played. You don’t have a choice if you want to drive or not because it’s part of making it to the end of the game. The game had hints of Half Life 2, Doom, sound effects from different games and an opening as well as a look of Serenity.
As many have report I experienced screen tearing on both my gaming machines one with two 8800 GTX’s in SLI, and the other with Two 580 GTX’s in SLI. After the big patch it was much better but I’m still getting tearing when I pan right or left or up and down mostly in the center of the screen on both machines. It’s very annoying. The graphics are great if your looking far off into the distance or a human, gun or car but close up detail of any thing else is, well, just plain crap.
The guns in the game were great, my favorites were the sniper rifle, shotgun, crossbow (not a gun but it was deadly), and pistol, the other weapons had there use as while and I was glad I had them. Of course there was the BFG that came in very handy at the end. Where have I heard the acronym before?
As I said I started out on easy but soon went to normal and played through following the story line and was left with the feeling of, what that’s all there is, so I played it again but toke my time. Sorry to say I still have that feeling and I was expecting so much more. It was more like a $35 - $40 game then a $60 game. May be as a co-op it’s better, but I don’t play those, so I’m left feeling kind of let down.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Yeah, it's just sad that a company like this would have the nerve to ask money for such an unfinished product, or let's say "underdeveloped." Pure fail. Too bad, I had been looking to play this game, but not anymore.