I’m running Windows XP with SP2 installed on a Compaq N1015v laptop. I need
to reload using the supplied recovery disc and have to back up my documents
and settings using Backup.
Using the wizard, I select the CD drive to save to, and am asked for a
filename. When I’ve done this previously I put backup and the date and it
worked fine. This time (it suggested the previous name used last time) I get
a message saying ‘the backup filename selected could not be used’… ‘please
ensure it is a valid path and that you have sufficient access’ (I’m
administrator)
I could just select and save the documents but would lose the settings for 4
users, and I can’t find a way to save all the emails. Suggestions anyone?????

"Windows Backup Does Not Back Up to CD-R, CD-RW, or DVD-R Devices"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315255
--
Ted Zieglar