Help me PLEASE!!!

chaos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2001
i just installes a p6vxm2 mainboard into my case. For some reason im getting no bios beeps, no cpu or pwr fan power, no video signal, nothing. led1 is lighting up and the fan on my pci video card works, but thats it. what could be the problem? could this be a cpu problem???

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Sounds like you don't have the wires hook up right. You know the power led, message led, reset sw, atx power switch. That's what it sounds like, or you have a bad power switch, I doubt it. You can try touching the wires to check.

chaos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2001
im getting power to the board it is just not booting up. And for some reason those 2 fan connecors arent recieving any power. The power switch connection is fine. Thanks for your idea.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
might be a dead CPU or board.

have you put the processor properly, the speaker conected correctly and the DIMM sticks firmly???

if your CPU fan is not spinning and video card fan is... then its a serious motherboard problem.

try working with minimum setup -

0. check your speaker, reset CMOS memory on the motheboard, and check all the jumper setings.

1. put in just the CPU on the motherboard, no RAM, no video but the speaker well conected. watch out for any beeps. if they dont then its eitehr the CPU or motherboadr bad. you wil have to test either of them on a known good board or CPU.

2. if the board gives out lng continuous beeps both are fine, just add the RAM and power up. now you should hear the board beeping for video card - one long and two short beeps.

3. now put the display card in and power up, now you should get your display, if it doesnt then probabely it is bad, or misconfigured. if the fan on the card is working it doesnt mean that the card itself is ok, just means that it is getting proper power supply to run.

4. you have a PCI dislpay card, so you could try switching slots, sometimes display cards are assigned an IRQ that might conflict with something. you dont really need any IRQ for display cards.

5. if it doesnt work, try another known good display card or test this card on some other system.

6. keep posted.

girish

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

G

I had close to the exact same problem after installing an ABit KT7A board two months ago. The problem ended up being the motherboard. The motherboard was being shorted out and once shorted, the whole MB went Dead. I replaced the MB and the problem was solved. Hope this helps.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yeah, maybe its a good idea to check the board outside the chassis.

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

TRENDING THREADS