SLOW COMPUTER SINCE XP SP2 INSTALL

October 21, 2004 1:59:07 PM

what can i do n how can I remove the XP SP2 from my computer
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 3:22:09 PM

First try running a Disk Cleanup and then a Defrag.
www.coribright.com

"badtaz" <badtaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> what can i do n how can I remove the XP SP2 from my computer

Anonymous
October 21, 2004 3:23:03 PM

http://www.fixyourwindows.com/winxpsp2install.htm#Somec...

How to successfully install Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/winxpsp2install.htm

Good Luck!
---
How to optimize Windows XP, 2000, ME
for the best performance (Step-by-step Visual Guide):
http://www.fixyourwindows.com

Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
(Links to online virus scans on the same page)

"badtaz" wrote:

> what can i do n how can I remove the XP SP2 from my computer
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 8:52:57 PM

First try this:
It may take up to 3 day for the prefetch to rebuild.

If you need to uninstall SP-2:
Reboot
Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
Double click "Service Pack 2" and follow prompts to uninstall SP-2.

Otherwise System Restore to Date/Time before issue started:
Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore

Follow this when ready to install SP-2:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

!