NON!!!! Mainstream Racing Game for the PC

NoG00dNames1eft

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Ive gone and boilt myself a racing cockpit for my logitech g27 wheel and im looking for some good racing games.
i HATE Need For Speed With a Passion
Colin Mcrea Dirt is out of the question.
GRID sucks.
I tend to like the simulators better than arcade.
I already have LFS, RBR < the two most realistic games ever
So yeah please dont reccomend anything mainstream

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Not much to choose from, as you're already aware. So good luck finding good racing sims, especially for PC. If you happen to find any good ones, feel free to post them as well.

yasir siddiqui

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011

i agree with Gman. Nfs, specially most wanted and undercover is best racing game ever.

Rambone72

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

Watch this and tell me that dirt factor is not as good as it gets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96u4uFiWGXg&feature=feedu

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
The game as been out for long enough for me to start recommending the game (as it was buggy as hell at launch).

But Test Drive Unlimited 2 is one of the only racing game that can somewhat fully utilise the Logitech G27 (I've got the G25). The game is a mix between Sim & Arcade. It requires online connection (as it's a Racing MMO). Good news is, the price has probably dropped a lot because of it's reception at launch.

Otherwise, I'd love to know what other games I could use the shift stick with (other than TDU series) because I still haven't found any.

Patrickoby1

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
You should look at getting one of the F1 games, they're really realistic, but if thats not your type of game it can get boring quick.

Also a pretty decent arcade game is Blur, I didn't really like it but alot of people said it's a fun game, it got an 8/10 on Gamespot so you might wanna check it out.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

Agreed. Shift 2 Unleashed leans heavily towards sim. The game screams for a wheel though, which I don't have. It is a handful to try and play with a controller.

NoG00dNames1eft

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Thanks everybody.
As i said im not into arcadey racing games so thats why i stayed away from shift 2 because the first one was absolutley horrible.... shift 2 is alright but the physics is a bit iffy with me.
bssford460 mentioned iracing which i have baught just recently and is a pretty good and fun sim.
Mithness came up with GTR evolution which looks very promising, nascar is meh not that much of a fan of nascar, and the F1 2010 looks promising aswell.
Eldd Holy **** how did i not find this before.
Rfactor i have played, will get soon enough, and dirt factor ill look into that.
TDU1 and 2 dont intrest me.
BLUR -_-
thanks everone.
and for fans of hard cold reality rally i reccommend Richard Burns Rally. the hardes game i have ever tried to play and is freakishly realitic from my point of view. :D