How to find wep key for ps3

most routers have the default key and some have the admin password for the router configuration page written on them as well

my new home hub 3 has both and even has a removable plastic tab with them written on it so if you want to connect a device you dont have to read it of the router and write it down on a piece of paper

look here

http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t26860.html

on a side note you shouldnt even use wep security as its so easily breakable its a joke--takes under 10 minutes to acquire some ones wep password regardless of how long or how complicated it is

That's scary. As bad as WEP is, someone that doesn't change the default WEP key and admin password deserves to have their network hacked.

...and yes, WEP is broken and you should be using WPA2 or better.

@OP: I've never used the wireless built into my PS3 (hard wired), but if it can use something newer than WEP, use it instead.

ps3 does support wpa

even wpa can be brute forced nowadays due to gpu accelerated cracking and especially by cloud farms--you really need to have a very long and complicated pass word including capitals and special characters such as 4r[SY;iu68? h137DJ|+( jt6032wetio652108

you have to be paranoid about wireless security unfortunately--and although wpa is more secure than wep with wep you need to be constantly connected to break the password--you dont with wpa once you have the handshake you can go away and take your time over it