The use of amd for demanding applications?

G

I have got an abit kt7a with tbird850, sblive value etc.

Now, a semi-pro audiocard is in the mail (m-audio delta), and I`d like to get some advice.

In spite of many bios updates, drivers, etc, my current system is not capable of reliable audio or general performance. This might or might not change with the new card. If not, what to do?

The audio community has finally accepted amd processors (although a lot of folks/companies still prefer p3 solutions!). However, they all advice against via solutions, instead recommending amd 760 mobos. To me, this makes very little sense, as all (?) 760 mobos use the infamous via 686b southbridge... The most probable source for pci card probs.

The most recommended (and expensive) is Asus K7M266 or something. I`d rather have the abit KG7 as it allows multiplier adjustments. Opinions.

All in all: are there any combined music/tinkerers out there with good advice? I`d rather not wait for expensive nvidia solutions, either...

regards
Knut

FatBurger

Illustrious
The KG7 is probably your best bet. I wouldn't expect too many problems with a semi-pro card and a Via Southbridge, although it's possible.

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>