NO Backup Utility With New Sony Vaio

I have had my Sony Vaio Desktop for a year now. Came with NO SOFTWARE,
PERIOD! Made my own "RECOVERY discs but NO provision for any "BACKUP"
utility. So with a computer with NO software but XPHOME on it, how do I get
the genuine Microsoft Backup utility installed?
2 answers Last reply
More about backup utility sony vaio

    Installing the Backup Program on the Home Version
    http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup_home

    HOW TO: Use Backup to Back Up Files and Folders on Your Computer in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308422&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Pappy" wrote:

    | I have had my Sony Vaio Desktop for a year now. Came with NO SOFTWARE,
    | PERIOD! Made my own "RECOVERY discs but NO provision for any "BACKUP"
    | utility. So with a computer with NO software but XPHOME on it, how do I get
    | the genuine Microsoft Backup utility installed?

    You might want to think about a NON-Microsoft backup utility. Nearly all
    are better than the one that comnes with XP. I like Acronis TrueImage, but
    Norton GHOST is also pretty good.

    "Pappy" <Pappy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have had my Sony Vaio Desktop for a year now. Came with NO SOFTWARE,
    > PERIOD! Made my own "RECOVERY discs but NO provision for any "BACKUP"
    > utility. So with a computer with NO software but XPHOME on it, how do I
    > get
    > the genuine Microsoft Backup utility installed?

Microsoft Backup Sony Vaio Software Windows XP