Sign in with
Your question

Mac OS on PC

Last response: in Mac Os X
November 23, 2011 4:11:08 PM

Is it possible to format a hard drive to accept Mac OS while in a PC?

What software does one need?

Has anybody tried it and did it work?

or is there anyway you can run Mac software on a PC (I'm thinking of photoshop)

More about : mac

November 23, 2011 4:37:09 PM

First you need a copy of Mac OS X (preferably a legal copy from apple (around $30 for 10.6)), second you will need to make sure your desktop can run Mac OS X by checking the forums here -> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ for information on drivers for the computer you are going to use. Lastly you can look in there for a boot disk that you can use to load your install your copy of MAC OS X from there are a few and one may work better for you than another based on your hardware. The boot disk will emulate UEFI and set up necessary kernel, settings, and drivers for you install and run MAC OS X.
November 23, 2011 4:37:31 PM

You should read the hackintosh sticky at the top of this forum. But Photoshop is available for Windows, so why make life difficult for yourself?
Related resources
November 23, 2011 4:47:00 PM

You can install linux instead because it's good too...
November 23, 2011 5:08:33 PM

Thanks for the replies.

My reason for the query was, my grandson's Mac went nasty on him so he dumped it and got a new one leaving me with the software. so I thought I might be able to use it.

But reading your replies I think I will pass on this one, too complicated for my old brain thanx....
November 23, 2011 5:11:06 PM

legendkiller said:
You can install linux instead because it's good too...

Hi, just wondering what Linux can do that Windows7 can't? I don't know much about Linux.
November 23, 2011 5:12:30 PM

Ijack said:
You should read the hackintosh sticky at the top of this forum. But Photoshop is available for Windows, so why make life difficult for yourself?

Why didn't I know that?? duh
November 23, 2011 5:31:24 PM

glenvern said:
Is it possible to format a hard drive to accept Mac OS while in a PC?

What software does one need?

Has anybody tried it and did it work?

or is there anyway you can run Mac software on a PC (I'm thinking of photoshop)

lol...there is also a Photoshop version for Windows based computers...it's nothing different, you won't even be able to tell the difference between a pictures modified on a Windows or Apple OS
November 23, 2011 5:54:15 PM

glenvern said:
Hi, just wondering what Linux can do that Windows7 can't? I don't know much about Linux.

You can say it's a better organized piece of OS because it is said to be kinda like a server or so... Linux is compatible with PC and softwares in Windows...

EDIT: It is better if you have like lots of movies, pictures or other things that is kinda like server(Lots of stuff on PC such as 10TB on a computer)
November 23, 2011 7:38:37 PM

Linux is better because I use it. ;) 
November 23, 2011 10:42:26 PM

amdfangirl said:
Linux is better because I use it. ;) 

I dont :D 
November 23, 2011 10:57:43 PM

Mac OS on PC, ironic.
November 23, 2011 11:14:30 PM

PC = personal computer.

A mac is a pc.

;) 
November 24, 2011 12:20:58 AM

Thats not what I mean, I mean the other way. :D 
November 24, 2011 12:23:21 AM

@amdfangirl, Oh come on. You know what I mean right? :) 
!