Pcsx3 requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

nguoimoi636

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
I have 3 question; First will pcsx3 ever come out in PC?, Second If it does come out in PC when will it come out?, Third is their a requirement or type of computer or laptop is needed to dowload it?

pc's will need to be about x4 times the power of a midrange (i5, 8670/gtx460) pc to run a pcsx3 ps3 emulator. judging by the requirements needed to currently run the pcsx2 ps2 emulator.
as to when it will be out, thats any 1's guess. emulator zone has made hints about 1 being in the works but has no firm info on 1.

requirements to run 1 would be something like a dual xeon x6 @3.6 to have enough grunt to cope with cell code emulation.

waspzz

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
PCSX2 is not even perfected yet. It still has a lot of improvements needed specially in utilizing PC components. It requires a high end rig in order for it to run properly. I doubt that PCSX3 will be released anytime soon.

PCSX2 is very CPU depenedent. The latest release can only utilize 2 CPU cores. I think there is already a Quad core support but still on Beta stage.

I tried running the FFX using my Athlon II x4 3Ghz and it was so laggy. Some parts are fine but most parts are in slow motion, same as other games that I tried. So imagine what type of rig you will be needing if you run PCSX3

@cile007

did you not even read the two above posts explaining why?

if pcsx2 isnt able to run good yet on current gen i7 processors....
what makes you think that a pcsx3 would even run at all?

the problem is due to the ps3 architecture. it uses a cell based processor.

perhaps if the gpu could be used to assist the cpu there might be a chance, but dont plan on a decent solution for at least 2 years or more. by then we should have 8-10 core cpus or consumer level boards with 2x multi core cpus.

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013

the main thing when you use PCSX2 is that you have the proper plugins and bios or it will run laggy i know cause i played FFX on it with a Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz and a GTS 450 and i didnt get any lag so remember for higher up emulators you have to have the right plugins and work around with it

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013

should read my post i just answered cause it is important knowledge

I doubt we'll see a decent 360 emulator for at least a decade. I doubt we'll ever see a PS3 emulator, period. Architecture is simply too damn hard to do in software. Emulating all the PPE's of the PS3 and keeping the entire state coherent is going to take more processing power then we'll have avaliable for at least the next few decades.

I mean, sheesh, we have enough trouble emulating the PS2's 300MHz main CPU. You think we're emulating the PS3's 3.2 GHz SPE/8 PPE architecture anytime soon?

You CAN, but you can lose a lot of the extra performance due to what you need to do to keep the memory state clean. Dolphin can use two cores relatively well, but even then, there are desyncing issues that crop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS