Help with gameplay rehabilitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

anxiousinfusion

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
I just got into PC gaming after building a computer this year. But after playing a few FPS games I realize how awful I am with a mouse and keyboard. I've been playing a little every day in Crysis 2, F.E.A.R. Combat, Call of Duty 1 and Halo CE to try and relearn the ropes. Is there a method anyone can recommend to adjust myself?

Solution
Practice....you will get it!

Try lowering mouse sensitivity as much as you can get away with, while still being able to turn around fairly quickly. This will basically "smooth" your aim and keep you from being so jumpy while trying to sight a target.

For God's sake don't use a controller - a kb/m is superior in every possible way in FPS, just learn to use it. You'll be glad you did. ;)

Ben95

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
The mouse is way better for sniping, but stinks for run n' gun. Mess with the sensitivity settings until you find something that lets you turn quickly but have good accuracy.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Practice....you will get it!

Try lowering mouse sensitivity as much as you can get away with, while still being able to turn around fairly quickly. This will basically "smooth" your aim and keep you from being so jumpy while trying to sight a target.

For God's sake don't use a controller - a kb/m is superior in every possible way in FPS, just learn to use it. You'll be glad you did. ;)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.