Tyan TIGER and Athlon XP

G

I've just ordered a Tyan TIGER Dual Proc motherboard.

I was curious to ask if anyone thinks the new 1.53GHz XP can be used on this board and have it function at 1.53GHz

From the manual I know that it you can only set the FSB to 200 or 266.
The manual says nothing about the multiplyer.

G

Acording to AMD the Thunderbird Core was not SMP enabled either, however according to Tom it benifted from SMP on the Tyan Thunder K7. The TIGER is basically a K7-Lite.

Same story with Intel and Celerons.

I imagine the Palomino core on the XPs is not very different than the MP Palomino core. However, that's debateable

I was wondering more about the board itself supporting different clock settings besides 1.0 and 1.2 GHz.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I was wondering more about the board itself supporting different clock settings besides 1.0 and 1.2 GHz.

I don't see any reason to go out of their way to make a new design that WOULDN'T support other speeds...

Talk to Yahiko. He tried two different Thunder boards with Thunderbirds :)
Didn't work

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
It sucks ass. I RMA'd my first board and got a second thunder k7 neither board worked with regular 1.4 266 tbirds. Don't trust these sites that say you can do it. They had pre-release boards.

Nice <b><font color=green>Lizards</b></font color=green> <b>crunch</b> Trolls cookies....... :smile: Yummy!! :smile: