Error ID 10010 DCOM

October 23, 2004 1:59:31 PM

Hi,
Has anyone encountered this error? The symbolic name is
listed as: EVENT_RPCS_SERVER_START_TIMEOUT and the server
is 0000031A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046.
In 2001 I started with Windows 2000ME and in 2001 I
upgraded to XP Home Edition but just now I began to have
problems when downloading SP2.
Does anyone know if there is a hot patch to correct this
problem?
Thanks,
Albert

More about : error 10010 dcom

Anonymous
October 24, 2004 5:11:15 PM

Have you tried to identify the programme causing the problem -see User
Action below:

TechNet HomeProducts & TechnologiesIT SolutionsSecurityInterop &
MigrationDesktop DeploymentScript CenterCommunityDownloadsIT Training &
CertificationTroubleshooting & SupportTechNet ProgramArchiveTechNet Site
MapTechNet Worldwide Details
Product:Windows Operating System
ID:10010
Source:D COM
Version:5.0
Component:System Event Log
Symbolic Name:EVENT_RPCSS_SERVER_START_TIMEOUT
Message:The server %1 did not register with DCOM within the required
timeout.

Explanation
The Component Object Model (COM) infrastructure tried to start the named
server; however, the server did not reply within the required timeout
period. There might be a deadlock, or the program might not have
responded to the server initialization code within the timeout period of
two minutes.

User Action
If the problem continues to occur, contact the program vendor.
To determine the program vendor
Using Regedit, navigate to the following registry value
HKCR\Clsid\clsid value\localserver32
The clsid value is the information displayed in the message.
In the right pane, double-click Default. The Edit String dialog box is
displayed. Leave this dialog box open.
Click Start, and then click My Computer.
Using the information displayed in the Value data box of the Edit String
dialog box, navigate to the program.
Right-click the program name, and then click Properties.
The Properties dialog box for the program is displayed.
To determine who the vendor is for this program, refer to the Version
tab.

Related Knowledge Base articles
You can find additional information on this topic in the following
Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
.. Windows XP Support Center
Visit the Windows XP Support Center for links to common questions and
answers, instructions, the latest downloads, and more.
.. Remote Directory Lists Are Slower Than Local Directory Listings
When you list the contents of a remote folder to which your computer is
connected by TCP/IP, the results may take much more time to display than
when you view a local folder. NOTE : This delay occurs whether you use
Windows NT Explorer or a...

--

~~~~~~

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"CAT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Has anyone encountered this error? The symbolic name is
> listed as: EVENT_RPCS_SERVER_START_TIMEOUT and the server
> is 0000031A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046.
> In 2001 I started with Windows 2000ME and in 2001 I
> upgraded to XP Home Edition but just now I began to have
> problems when downloading SP2.
> Does anyone know if there is a hot patch to correct this
> problem?
> Thanks,
> Albert
Anonymous
October 24, 2004 5:25:30 PM

Which version of Microsoft Outlook are you running? Your problem seems
to be associated with that programme and an error in the Registry.

~~~~~~

Hope this helps.

Gerry
FCA