XP Home Windows Explorer Loads on Startup

Mike wrote:
> My friend's XP Home PC loads Windows Explorer on boot up.
> How can I stop this from happening?

See if it is being loaded at startuo..

Start --> Run

MSCONFIG

Look under the Startup tab.. See if it is in there and eliminate it from
the proper place.

--
<- Shenan ->

smacky

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2001

Mike Wrote:
> My friend's XP Home PC loads Windows Explorer on boot up.
> How can I stop this from happening?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

Shenan has provided a good way of testing what is causing this to
happen, however it is generally not recomended to leave the "MSCONFIG"
utility in use all the time.

I would suggest that you download Hijackthis.exe from the following
location and post the log back in here. However before running
Hijackthis, be sure to "Click Start" then "Run" and type "msconfig"
then click "OK". On the "General" tab select "Normal Startup" then
click "Apply" then "Close" and "EXIT WITHOUT RESTART", then run
Hijackthis:

http://www.spychecker.com/download/download_hijackthis.html

Good Luck
Smacky
Microsoft Personal Support
http://support.microsoft.com
and
interVations Internet Director
http://www.intervations.com.au

Please note the below discalimer is not due to incorrect information
having been given, nor because I expect to give any, however I do need
to cover myself in the even that someone does not follow instructions
correctly.

DISCLAIMER
The information provided here is NOT provided
on behalf of Microsoft or interVations.
The information supplied is from my own knowledge
and it is recommended that you research all avenues
before taking/using any advice displensed to you.
You are responsible for actions taken on your own PC
and I cannot and do not accept any responsibility for
your actions as a direct or indirect result of my advice

--
smacky

Mike

Splendid