locked myself out of control panel using tweakui

Under XP Pro SP2 using MS tweak ui I was trying to set up the computer to be
used by several users. I logged on to one of the user accounts, ran TweakUI,
disabled many things using the party restrictions tab (including access to
the control panel) and applied the settings. I ended up disabling them for
ALL users (including built-in Admin). I can't even run TweakUI any more. Any
suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about locked control panel tweakui

    To open TweakUI...
    Start | Run | Type: TweakUI | OK

    There should be a shortcut to TweakUI.exe here >>>
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Powertoys for
    Windows XP

    TweakUI.exe should live here >>>
    C:\WINDOWS\system32

    Start | Run | Type: C:\WINDOWS\system32 | OK |
    Locate TweakUI.exe | Right click it | Send To | Desktop (create shortcut)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:F43E0A3D-1ACE-44F8-ACF2-E594DC37294B@microsoft.com,
    SamAm <SamAm@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Under XP Pro SP2 using MS tweak ui I was trying to set up the
    > computer to be used by several users. I logged on to one of the user
    > accounts, ran TweakUI, disabled many things using the party
    > restrictions tab (including access to the control panel) and applied
    > the settings. I ended up disabling them for ALL users (including
    > built-in Admin). I can't even run TweakUI any more. Any suggestions?

    Hi, either try system restore to the point just b4 you installed tweakui or
    try uninstalling it....
    Chris C
    "SamAm" <SamAm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Under XP Pro SP2 using MS tweak ui I was trying to set up the computer to
    > be
    > used by several users. I logged on to one of the user accounts, ran
    > TweakUI,
    > disabled many things using the party restrictions tab (including access to
    > the control panel) and applied the settings. I ended up disabling them for
    > ALL users (including built-in Admin). I can't even run TweakUI any more.
    > Any
    > suggestions?

Control Panel Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP