rejected password [eq2}

KY

anyone else having trouble with the game rejecting your password, does this
to me quite often and I am entering it correct.

KY wrote:

> anyone else having trouble with the game rejecting your password, does this
> to me quite often and I am entering it correct.

When this happens to me, its often because my shiftlock key is engaged;
since you don't actually see what you have typed under the ****s you can't
tell. Of course that might not happen with EQ2, for all I know, but its
something quick and easy to check, if you get rejected a couple times in
a row, try hitting shiftlock and see if that helps.

"KY" <kyhighlandnospam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> anyone else having trouble with the game rejecting your password, does
this
> to me quite often and I am entering it correct.

caps lock key gets me sometimes =)

"KY" <kyhighlandnospam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> anyone else having trouble with the game rejecting your password, does
this
> to me quite often and I am entering it correct.

I enter my password, it authenticates, I'm connected. However, if i press a
key too rapidly to skip past the advertising, then i will be given an
authentication error and the game quits. The error is unrelated to the issue
and if anything might be deliberately misleading; pay us money AND you read
that advertising, or we won't let you play!

Kind of what they do with DVD's, deliberating disabling the fast forward on
certain sections. I hear they want to do that with TV too, presumably as you
won't be able to tape programs but will have to burn straight to dvd, giving
them more control over your ability to control the programming.

"KY" <kyhighlandnospam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> anyone else having trouble with the game rejecting your password, does
> this to me quite often and I am entering it correct.

only time I have this happen is when I've got the autoplay box ticked and I
select a toon and press play before the countdown timer has finished.
Username and password have already been checked and accepted to get to the
filecheck/patcher .. a small bug I which I guess they'll get round to fixing
some day :)

"dontemailme" <dontemailme@dontemailme.com> wrote in

> "KY" <kyhighlandnospam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> anyone else having trouble with the game rejecting your password,
>> does
> this
>> to me quite often and I am entering it correct.
>>
> I enter my password, it authenticates, I'm connected. However, if i
> press a key too rapidly to skip past the advertising, then i will be
> given an authentication error and the game quits. The error is
> unrelated to the issue and if anything might be deliberately
> misleading; pay us money AND you read that advertising, or we won't
> let you play!
>
> Kind of what they do with DVD's, deliberating disabling the fast
> forward on certain sections. I hear they want to do that with TV too,
> presumably as you won't be able to tape programs but will have to burn
> straight to dvd, giving them more control over your ability to control
> the programming.

I click through the ads as quickly as possible and have no problems logging
in. /shrug

--
Rumble

"The floggings will continue until morale improves."
-- Blackbeard

KY

"Mal" <mincer2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "KY" <kyhighlandnospam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> anyone else having trouble with the game rejecting your password, does
>> this to me quite often and I am entering it correct.
>>

> only time I have this happen is when I've got the autoplay box ticked and
> I select a toon and press play before the countdown timer has finished.
> Username and password have already been checked and accepted to get to the
> filecheck/patcher .. a small bug I which I guess they'll get round to
> fixing some day :)

I bet that is the problem,, that is usually what I do

Rumbledor <Rumbledor@HotRemoveThisPartMail.com> wrote in

> "dontemailme" <dontemailme@dontemailme.com> wrote in
>

>> "KY" <kyhighlandnospam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>>> anyone else having trouble with the game rejecting your password,
>>> does this to me quite often and I am entering it correct.
>>>
>> I enter my password, it authenticates, I'm connected. However, if i
>> press a key too rapidly to skip past the advertising, then i will be
>> given an authentication error and the game quits. The error is
>> unrelated to the issue and if anything might be deliberately
>> misleading; pay us money AND you read that advertising, or we won't
>> let you play!
>>
>> Kind of what they do with DVD's, deliberating disabling the fast
>> forward on certain sections. I hear they want to do that with TV too,
>> presumably as you won't be able to tape programs but will have to
>> burn straight to dvd, giving them more control over your ability to
>> control the programming.
>
> I click through the ads as quickly as possible and have no problems
> logging in. /shrug

Same here.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Bane of Evil>
Graeme, 16 Dwarven Shaman, 14 Scholar

try mine and see if it works for you.,,....LOL

"dontemailme" <dontemailme@dontemailme.com> wrote in message

> "KY" <kyhighlandnospam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> > anyone else having trouble with the game rejecting your password, does
> this
> > to me quite often and I am entering it correct.
> >
> I enter my password, it authenticates, I'm connected. However, if i press
> key too rapidly to skip past the advertising, then i will be given an
> authentication error and the game quits. The error is unrelated to the
issue
> and if anything might be deliberately misleading; pay us money AND you
read
> that advertising, or we won't let you play!

Click through the advertising with your mouse. It's worked for me.

I think that's the problem too, I haven't had this problem anymore, and
I believe it's after I disabled the 'autoplay' box