Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Epic's Unreal Engine 3 Incorporates Anaglyph 3D

Last response: in News comments
October 8, 2010 8:06:26 AM

Anaglyph! Like old school 3D!? Fantastic. Now I can enjoy Rad Racer on the NES followed by Unreal games now. :) 
Score
October 8, 2010 9:08:09 AM

Yay, for more options. 3D Screens are still a bit far from being mainstream affordable at this point in time.
Score
Related resources
October 8, 2010 11:55:55 AM

something must be wrong with my head or somethign cause i never see things in 3d with the red-blue glasses .. shutter glasses seem to work for me, but even in the theatre i don't really get the same 3d effect when watching a "3d" movie... am i the only one?
Score
October 8, 2010 12:35:19 PM

g00fysmileysomething must be wrong with my head or somethign cause i never see things in 3d with the red-blue glasses .. shutter glasses seem to work for me, but even in the theatre i don't really get the same 3d effect when watching a "3d" movie... am i the only one?

No!
Score
October 8, 2010 2:50:28 PM

g00fysmileysomething must be wrong with my head or somethign cause i never see things in 3d with the red-blue glasses .. shutter glasses seem to work for me, but even in the theatre i don't really get the same 3d effect when watching a "3d" movie... am i the only one?

yes!
i can see 3d with my eye crossed, with ease (which painfull).
Score
October 8, 2010 3:55:14 PM

For PC users, you already have anaglyph available in 3D vision drivers
and even optimised anaglyph in IZ3D drivers ...

The only interesting thing is "This approach negates the need for rendering multiple images". I'd like to see the performance gain compared to what is already available (see previous paragraph).
Score
Anonymous
October 8, 2010 3:57:14 PM

Anaglyph...an epic, unreal headache if you ask me. I rather play in 2D with full color than in 3D with everything a reddish-bluish tint.
Score
October 8, 2010 4:01:58 PM

No, I have to try really hard to see the 3D effects when using colored glasses. I do have a little easier time at the theater with the polorized glasses, but shutter glasses work the best for me. I only hate that they make the image darker (closing lenses makes it so half the light is getting to each eye).
Score
October 8, 2010 4:26:35 PM

I'm still not impressed with 3D, but having the option of paying for cheap glasses instead of the insanely priced 3D Vision or a 3D TV is an improvement.
Score
October 8, 2010 5:34:24 PM

Argh, 3D is starting to take over everything...
Score
October 9, 2010 2:56:09 AM

Polarized 3D is still better. To bad companies are still a little slow on jumping on that train.
Score
October 9, 2010 3:41:25 AM

wow!! use some glasses that will make you seem like a color blind person to see some 3d action... (if you can see some) and then end with a headache? no thanks!
Score
October 9, 2010 6:22:11 AM

3D is cool I don't know what happen if we keep playing games in 3D.
Score
!