I need some idea's for a PC game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a gamer...
On the weekends I work a boaring job that, at least, allows me to play computer games and watch Netflix.
But I can only bring my laptop which isn't designed for gaming :cry: so I have to turn down graphics and play older games.
My computer is an HP Elitebook 8440p and does not have the nVidia graphics card. So that means I'm stuck with an "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) HD Graphics". Which I know is total **** when trying to play games but I have had some success playing older games or slightly newer games with low graphical requirements.

What I CAN play:
Diablo 2
Left 4 Dead 2 - Play's on low graphics settings
WoW
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Half-Life 2 (and the following episodes)
Unreal 2004
FEAR (the original)

My question is... What are some older games that might be fun to play 2004 - 2007 range might be playable?
What were your favorite PC games in the range of those years?
(I've played through all of the above games so don't bother mentioning those.)
I tend to enjoy first person shooters, RPG's and just about any game.
Not a fan of indie games or MMORPG games.

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Max Payne 2 was/is awesome
Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2
Prey
Civilization 4
Railroad Tycoon 3

GTA 1 & 2 are now freeware, you could always waste some hours with those. Though they are old, they are still a lot of fun

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
+1 on GTA San Andreas (or any of that series).

You won't find anything satisfying in FPS for your laptop...but if you can forget the ugly graphics, you can always try
- the old COD games (i.e. COD 3)
- Battlefield 2 on low settings
- Halo (the first one...maybe the second).

If you want something different, I'd say BFME 1&2 (Battle for middle earth) which is quite fun a such a good time waster.

Another thing you can look at are Emulators of older consoles (Though I'll let you figure out the rest)...

Hope this helps.

Alex

Update:
I've played through Quake 4, Doom 3, Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2, GTA: Vice City, GTA: San Andreas, Left for Dead and Left for Dead 2...

I think I will pick one of the following:
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Battlefield 2
Prey
FarCry

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE SUGGESTIONS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS