integrated chipsets (nforce)

gotenex

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2001
i'm a bit confused about integrated chipsets. in particular, the nforce, which will offer both integrated sound and video. does this mean that users will not be able to add a separate sound or video card? i'm more concerned about the video, will it have an agp slot so users will be able to upgrade?

i'm assuming that you are able to add additional video/sound cards, and that the integrated chips are just used as the core....

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Yes, you can add additional video/sound cards.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

G

If I remember right, you will have the option of an AGP slot or not with integrated video

mbaha

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
most integrated chipsets do no thave an agp slot. I you are looking for a computer with any sort of power or upgradablitly dont get onboard anything it will cost you an extra $50 but in three months you will be happy as hell

later
mbaha

“Build your own you will love it more”

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The chipset supports an external AGP 4x slot which will be avialble on most boards (but some manufacturers could choose not to include the slot for packaging reasons on micro ATX boards). ALL motherboards with PCI slots support add on video/sound cards, and many include an AGP slot. Integrated audio/video can always be disabled on any board.

Back to you Tom...