Check Disk for Errors

How often should Check Disk for Errors be run?

There's no hard and fast rule to follow. You'll probably get lots of
different recommendations. FWIW, I "automatically fix file system errors"
once a week, which is probably excessive, but it only takes a few minutes. I
"scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" once a month.

Ted Zieglar