Speeding Up Windows ME

I am running Windows ME. It takes a long time to boot up, and then seems to
be slow when in operation. What can be done to boot up faster and speed up
the processing?

Purchase and install Windows XP.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:eBbjGtfuEHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Doug <DouglasStern@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> I am running Windows ME. It takes a long time to boot up, and then
> seems to be slow when in operation. What can be done to boot up
> faster and speed up the processing?

Perhaps you should post in a newsgroup for Windows ME. Try this one:

Ted Zieglar

Doug wrote:
> I am running Windows ME.

So why are you posting in a Windows XP group?! Couldn't be arsed to find the
correct one?!

lose his marbles?

Time to tick you off Wes <g>! Where did you the perspicacity to come up
with that inspired advice?

~~~~~~

Regards.

Gerry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Purchase and install Windows XP.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:eBbjGtfuEHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
> Doug <DouglasStern@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>> I am running Windows ME. It takes a long time to boot up, and then
>> seems to be slow when in operation. What can be done to boot up
>> faster and speed up the processing?

Howdy Gerry,

I had to look up perspicacity. ;-) I figured that the OP was posting at an
XP NG as a clue.
By the way, you'll notice the message that you replied to is no longer
available on the server. This has happened to a lot of posts I made
yesterday while msnews.microsoft.com was down.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:Ol2p9MsuEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,