EQ2: Harvesting changes

Patrik

From Moorgard on the official forums:

"We wanted to let budding crafters know about a change that is about to
happen to harvesting that should please a lot of you running around
low-level zones trying to raise your harvesting skills.

Level 10 base components (i.e. those found in Antonica and
Commonlands) will require a skill level of 20 to harvest them rather
than the current skill level of 40.

This should ease congestion in the low-level zones and make better use
of the abundant resources available in Antonica and Commonlands.

This change is expected to go live in tomorrow's update."

Seems I won't have to give up on foresting and trapping after all.

<patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message news:87sm6nrd5n.fsf@pluto.elizium.org...

> From Moorgard on the official forums:
>
> "We wanted to let budding crafters know about a change that is about to
> happen to harvesting that should please a lot of you running around
> low-level zones trying to raise your harvesting skills.
>
> Level 10 base components (i.e. those found in Antonica and
> Commonlands) will require a skill level of 20 to harvest them rather
> than the current skill level of 40.
>
> This should ease congestion in the low-level zones and make better use
> of the abundant resources available in Antonica and Commonlands.
>
> This change is expected to go live in tomorrow's update."
>

> Seems I won't have to give up on foresting and trapping after all.

Gah! After I spent all that time trying to raise them! Oh well, at least I won't
have to run rings round the forest ruins any more, trying to get those last 5
points (like you, in foresting and trapping...)

Rich

On 03 Dec 2004 09:36:52 +0100, patrik@nordebo.com wrote:

>From Moorgard on the official forums:
>
>"We wanted to let budding crafters know about a change that is about to
>happen to harvesting that should please a lot of you running around
>low-level zones trying to raise your harvesting skills.
>
>Level 10 base components (i.e. those found in Antonica and
>Commonlands) will require a skill level of 20 to harvest them rather
>than the current skill level of 40.
>
>This should ease congestion in the low-level zones and make better use
>of the abundant resources available in Antonica and Commonlands.
>
>This change is expected to go live in tomorrow's update."
>

>Seems I won't have to give up on foresting and trapping after all.

lol - that'll please my guildmate, who spent most of yesterday in The
Peat Bog trying to get trapping above 40, so could harvest everything
in Antonica. :)

And what's with all the carrots ?

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:10:59 +0000, Mark Morrison wrote:

> On 03 Dec 2004 09:36:52 +0100, patrik@nordebo.com wrote:
>

>>From Moorgard on the official forums:
>>
>>"We wanted to let budding crafters know about a change that is about to
>>happen to harvesting that should please a lot of you running around
>>low-level zones trying to raise your harvesting skills.
>>
>>Level 10 base components (i.e. those found in Antonica and
>>Commonlands) will require a skill level of 20 to harvest them rather
>>than the current skill level of 40.
>>
>>This should ease congestion in the low-level zones and make better use
>>of the abundant resources available in Antonica and Commonlands.
>>
>>This change is expected to go live in tomorrow's update."
>>

>>Seems I won't have to give up on foresting and trapping after all.
>
> lol - that'll please my guildmate, who spent most of yesterday in The
> Peat Bog trying to get trapping above 40, so could harvest everything
> in Antonica. :)

LOL that should clear out Oakmyst. Last night I saw 23 people in there -
and 18 had last names. On the up side I completed 2 of the 3 butterfly
collections as well as a bone and chipped shard collection. Just wish the
spotted yellows were a *bit* less scarce.
--
RJB
12/3/2004 8:36:54 AM

I've always thought that underpopulated countries in Africa are vastly
underpolluted.
-Lawrence Summers, chief economist of the World Bank, explaining why we
should export toxic wastes to Third World countries

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:10:59 +0000, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com>
wrotC:DRIVE_E

>lol - that'll please my guildmate, who spent most of yesterday in The
>Peat Bog trying to get trapping above 40, so could harvest everything
>in Antonica. :)

AUGH!

I spent all friggin' day yesterday in the Caves getting mining to
40!!!!

On the plus side, I won't need to do the same to get Logging and
Trapping to 40....

Oh wait...I am not supposed to respond to any change in the game with
a "Well, so it goes" attitude.

Ahem.

tH1Z SUXX0RZ 1 M QUITTIN!1!1!1 GAME3 IZ 4 LAM3RZ!!!!!

No, you can't have my stuff.

There. Was that the correct response?

(Heh...I know a ratonga in our guild who's going to be pissed, as his
great wealth was earned farming and selling tier 2 resources...)
Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
"I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
http://www.mrlizard.com

RJB <robartle@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in

> On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:10:59 +0000, Mark Morrison wrote:
>
>> On 03 Dec 2004 09:36:52 +0100, patrik@nordebo.com wrote:
>>

>>>From Moorgard on the official forums:
>>>
>>>"We wanted to let budding crafters know about a change that is about
>>>to happen to harvesting that should please a lot of you running
>>>around low-level zones trying to raise your harvesting skills.
>>>
>>>Level 10 base components (i.e. those found in Antonica and
>>>Commonlands) will require a skill level of 20 to harvest them rather
>>>than the current skill level of 40.
>>>
>>>This should ease congestion in the low-level zones and make better
>>>use of the abundant resources available in Antonica and Commonlands.
>>>
>>>This change is expected to go live in tomorrow's update."
>>>

>>>Seems I won't have to give up on foresting and trapping after all.
>>
>> lol - that'll please my guildmate, who spent most of yesterday in The
>> Peat Bog trying to get trapping above 40, so could harvest everything
>> in Antonica. :)
>
> LOL that should clear out Oakmyst. Last night I saw 23 people in there
> - and 18 had last names. On the up side I completed 2 of the 3
> butterfly collections as well as a bone and chipped shard collection.
> Just wish the spotted yellows were a *bit* less scarce.

I gave up on those blasted collections. Every ground spawn I came across
seemed to trigger yet another new collection quest. I heard you can only
have 50 such quests. Are there really enough different collection quests
for that to be an issue?

--
Rumble

"The floggings will continue until morale improves."
-- Blackbeard

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 14:19:59 GMT, Rumbledor wrote:

> I gave up on those blasted collections. Every ground spawn I came across
> seemed to trigger yet another new collection quest. I heard you can only
> have 50 such quests. Are there really enough different collection quests
> for that to be an issue?

Heh, I only have 12 collection quests now. I *think* my quest total is
around 42 now. But I'd bet 10 of them are actually complete and I just need
to talk to someone. Guess I'll have to take a day just to run around and
talk to those I need to complete them.
--
RJB
12/3/2004 9:48:34 AM

"The difference between a smart person and a wise person is that a smart
person knows what to say and a wise person knows whether or not to say it."
-- Quote found on the wall of a recreation center office in Berkeley,
California.

Shane

On 03 Dec 2004 09:36:52 +0100, patrik@nordebo.com wrote:

>From Moorgard on the official forums:
>
>"We wanted to let budding crafters know about a change that is about to
>happen to harvesting that should please a lot of you running around
>low-level zones trying to raise your harvesting skills.
>
>Level 10 base components (i.e. those found in Antonica and
>Commonlands) will require a skill level of 20 to harvest them rather
>than the current skill level of 40.
>
>This should ease congestion in the low-level zones and make better use
>of the abundant resources available in Antonica and Commonlands.
>
>This change is expected to go live in tomorrow's update."
>

>Seems I won't have to give up on foresting and trapping after all.

As I said in the other post, the level 10 quest cap plus the need for
40ish skill to finish the level 10 cap was off. The gap was just too
high. I don't mind a cap, just not one that required you to double
your points on scarce opportunities, but allowed you to cap your
artisan skill before you ever got to Qeynos. I can't even imagine
those of you who did no artisan on the Isle, I have been finding it
mind numbing running around zones looking for anything to harvest; to
start from scratch.... :-(

"Richard Wingrove" <rich@privacy.net> wrote in

> <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> From Moorgard on the official forums:
>>
>> "We wanted to let budding crafters know about a change that is about
>> to happen to harvesting that should please a lot of you running
>> around low-level zones trying to raise your harvesting skills.
>>
>> Level 10 base components (i.e. those found in Antonica and
>> Commonlands) will require a skill level of 20 to harvest them rather
>> than the current skill level of 40.
>>
>> This should ease congestion in the low-level zones and make better
>> use of the abundant resources available in Antonica and Commonlands.
>>
>> This change is expected to go live in tomorrow's update."
>>

>> Seems I won't have to give up on foresting and trapping after all.
>
> Gah! After I spent all that time trying to raise them! Oh well, at
> least I won't have to run rings round the forest ruins any more,
> trying to get those last 5 points (like you, in foresting and
> trapping...)

Just trapping left here, 3 points I think. For some reason, foresting
was not that hard for me to raise.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Bane of Evil>
Graeme, 16 Dwarven Shaman, 14 Scholar

Lizard <lizard@mrlizard.com> wrote in
> Oh wait...I am not supposed to respond to any change in the game with
> a "Well, so it goes" attitude.
>
> Ahem.
>
> tH1Z SUXX0RZ 1 M QUITTIN!1!1!1 GAME3 IZ 4 LAM3RZ!!!!!
>
> No, you can't have my stuff.
>
> There. Was that the correct response?

CIHYS?

OK, now it's better.

--

In article <n8y471oh5y18$.dlg@robartle.nospam.hotmail.com>,
RJB <robartle@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote:
>LOL that should clear out Oakmyst. Last night I saw 23 people in there -
>and 18 had last names. On the up side I completed 2 of the 3 butterfly
>collections as well as a bone and chipped shard collection. Just wish the
>spotted yellows were a *bit* less scarce.

Completing the final butterfly quest (collect the 3 collections)
gives a nice experience boost... something like 3 yellows when I
did it at level 13. Of course, one has to weigh that against the
time spent running around pouncing on sparkly question marks and
cursing about finding yet another plain purple.

I'm still missing two shattered bones, orc and erudite. Two friends
are also down to two bones each -- with orc one of them. Is the
shattered orc bone just hella rare or do you have to do something
silly like go all the way to the Freeport side to find it?

And yeah I feel kinda cheated by this patch after the pain of working
Trapping up to 41.

-- Ray

In article <cau0r096e692k1ajtq3k4anim9l9lm87d3@4ax.com>,
HelixStalwart <nomail@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>The shattered orc bone ONLY drops in freeport zones (like the
>shattered gnoll bone only drops in qeynos zones) - check your black
>market vendor for the orc bone.

Ah, thank you. (I just posed that question elsewhere in the thread)

-- Ray

<patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message

> From Moorgard on the official forums:
>
> "We wanted to let budding crafters know about a change that is about to
> happen to harvesting that should please a lot of you running around
> low-level zones trying to raise your harvesting skills.
>
> Level 10 base components (i.e. those found in Antonica and
> Commonlands) will require a skill level of 20 to harvest them rather
> than the current skill level of 40.
>
> This should ease congestion in the low-level zones and make better use
> of the abundant resources available in Antonica and Commonlands.
>
> This change is expected to go live in tomorrow's update."
>

> Seems I won't have to give up on foresting and trapping after all.

Sigh. After hours and hours and hours and hours and hours running around
Oakmyst and the caves trying to find badger and molerat dens to finally get
my skill up to 40. Could have saved myself a lot of grief.

Oh well. At least others won't have to share the pain, I guess.

---

In article <PN8sd.5501$NO5.354@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>, toolstech wrote:
> Sigh. After hours and hours and hours and hours and hours running around
> Oakmyst and the caves trying to find badger and molerat dens to finally
> get my skill up to 40. Could have saved myself a lot of grief.
>
> Oh well. At least others won't have to share the pain, I guess.

Well, keep in mind that at some point, you'll want tier 3, and you'll need
to get to 90, so it's not like getting to 40 was a waste of your time.

--
--Tim Smith