Internet Camera

I got a Linksys WVC54G Internet camera for Christmas... the blurb says
it has a built in web-server and so can be accessed via the Internet
remotely. It is wirelessly connected to my Linksys WRT54G router using DHCP.

Now... assuming that I do NOT allow the IP address assigned to the
camera to change, then is it REALLY going to be accessible via the
Internet. The IP address assigned by the router is a common one and so
it not unique (in my opinion) in regard to the WWW i.e. if I type in
192.168.1.xxx remotely this surely cannot be unique and let a remote
user access MY camera?

To me the 192.168.1.xxx range of addresses a purely my INTERNAL
addresses, irrelevant to the outside world, the only address the world
would have a chance of seeing/pinging/accessing would be the routers
address, right?

The only other way is to pay an amount to Sololink which provides a
unique domain name...which costs, and as I am trialling it, it doesnt
work, even though I have port forwarding set up.

So, have I been conned, IS there a way to access my camera remotely on
the Internet without using DDNS?

TIA

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message
> I got a Linksys WVC54G Internet camera for Christmas... the blurb says
> it has a built in web-server and so can be accessed via the Internet
> remotely. It is wirelessly connected to my Linksys WRT54G router using
DHCP.

I looked into this camera and found out that I would need to disable WPA on
my existing network to use it because it is only able to use WEP.

"Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message
> I got a Linksys WVC54G Internet camera for Christmas... the blurb
says
> it has a built in web-server and so can be accessed via the Internet
> remotely. It is wirelessly connected to my Linksys WRT54G router
using DHCP.

> Now... assuming that I do NOT allow the IP address assigned to the
> camera to change, then is it REALLY going to be accessible via the
> Internet. The IP address assigned by the router is a common one and
so
> it not unique (in my opinion) in regard to the WWW i.e. if I type in
> 192.168.1.xxx remotely this surely cannot be unique and let a remote
> user access MY camera?

You will use the public IP assigned by your ISP, if it is a changing
(dynamic IP then that is where a service like dyndns comes in handy).
You
dont have to know what the IP address is.
Your camera manual should show you some ports that have to be opened
or forwarded on the router, you then will probably use something like
123.456.789.123:80 or myfakename:80 or whatever port the manual tells
you to use.

> To me the 192.168.1.xxx range of addresses a purely my INTERNAL
> addresses, irrelevant to the outside world, the only address the
world
> would have a chance of seeing/pinging/accessing would be the routers
> address, right?
>
> The only other way is to pay an amount to Sololink which provides a
> unique domain name...which costs, and as I am trialling it, it
doesnt
> work, even though I have port forwarding set up.
>
> So, have I been conned, IS there a way to access my camera remotely
on
> the Internet without using DDNS?
>
> TIA

Well, its only 2 days after Christmas. Have you read the User Guide yet?
http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=38&prid=650

The IP to access your cam from outside is likely
213.106.82.xxx and would likely include the port number also. (your
ntlworld IP addy) See the manual for the proper request format. You may not
be able to test this properly from inside your LAN.

"Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message
> I got a Linksys WVC54G Internet camera for Christmas... the blurb says
> it has a built in web-server and so can be accessed via the Internet
> remotely. It is wirelessly connected to my Linksys WRT54G router using
DHCP.

> Now... assuming that I do NOT allow the IP address assigned to the
> camera to change, then is it REALLY going to be accessible via the
> Internet. The IP address assigned by the router is a common one and so
> it not unique (in my opinion) in regard to the WWW i.e. if I type in
> 192.168.1.xxx remotely this surely cannot be unique and let a remote
> user access MY camera?
>
> To me the 192.168.1.xxx range of addresses a purely my INTERNAL
> addresses, irrelevant to the outside world, the only address the world
> would have a chance of seeing/pinging/accessing would be the routers
> address, right?
>
> The only other way is to pay an amount to Sololink which provides a
> unique domain name...which costs, and as I am trialling it, it doesnt
> work, even though I have port forwarding set up.
>
> So, have I been conned, IS there a way to access my camera remotely on
> the Internet without using DDNS?
>
> TIA

Gingangooli <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote:

>So, have I been conned, IS there a way to access my camera remotely on
>the Internet without using DDNS?

Sigh. You really need to educate yourself a little more before you start
throwing words around like "conned." Specifically, take a closer look at "port
forwarding" in your router documentation.

P.S.
Remember to reboot everything when you make changes.

"Pepperoni" <wastebasketbot@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Well, its only 2 days after Christmas. Have you read the User Guide yet?
> http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=38&prid=650
>
> The IP to access your cam from outside is likely
> 213.106.82.xxx and would likely include the port number also. (your
> ntlworld IP addy) See the manual for the proper request format. You may
not
> be able to test this properly from inside your LAN.
>

> "Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message
> > I got a Linksys WVC54G Internet camera for Christmas... the blurb says
> > it has a built in web-server and so can be accessed via the Internet
> > remotely. It is wirelessly connected to my Linksys WRT54G router using
> DHCP.
> >
> > Now... assuming that I do NOT allow the IP address assigned to the
> > camera to change, then is it REALLY going to be accessible via the
> > Internet. The IP address assigned by the router is a common one and so
> > it not unique (in my opinion) in regard to the WWW i.e. if I type in
> > 192.168.1.xxx remotely this surely cannot be unique and let a remote
> > user access MY camera?
> >
> > To me the 192.168.1.xxx range of addresses a purely my INTERNAL
> > addresses, irrelevant to the outside world, the only address the world
> > would have a chance of seeing/pinging/accessing would be the routers
> > address, right?
> >
> > The only other way is to pay an amount to Sololink which provides a
> > unique domain name...which costs, and as I am trialling it, it doesnt
> > work, even though I have port forwarding set up.
> >
> > So, have I been conned, IS there a way to access my camera remotely on
> > the Internet without using DDNS?
> >
> > TIA

provided you have all your port forwards correct you can accesss the cam via
web http://213.106.82.133:port or may want to use one of the dyndns names
example http://younamne.homeip.net:8080

"Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message
> I got a Linksys WVC54G Internet camera for Christmas... the blurb says
> it has a built in web-server and so can be accessed via the Internet
> remotely. It is wirelessly connected to my Linksys WRT54G router using
DHCP.

> Now... assuming that I do NOT allow the IP address assigned to the
> camera to change, then is it REALLY going to be accessible via the
> Internet. The IP address assigned by the router is a common one and so
> it not unique (in my opinion) in regard to the WWW i.e. if I type in
> 192.168.1.xxx remotely this surely cannot be unique and let a remote
> user access MY camera?
>
> To me the 192.168.1.xxx range of addresses a purely my INTERNAL
> addresses, irrelevant to the outside world, the only address the world
> would have a chance of seeing/pinging/accessing would be the routers
> address, right?
>
> The only other way is to pay an amount to Sololink which provides a
> unique domain name...which costs, and as I am trialling it, it doesnt
> work, even though I have port forwarding set up.
>
> So, have I been conned, IS there a way to access my camera remotely on
> the Internet without using DDNS?
>
> TIA

Thanks all... all sorted now. Yes I did RTFM... honest :-( , but I didnt
see any mention of the scenario I had. But the replies here have made
sense and I can now access the webcam using the NTL assigned IP and the
open port.

Using the IP by itself just accessing the router admin menu, but using
the port number on the end accesses the camera menu/viewer.

Thanks all.

Pepperoni wrote:
> Well, its only 2 days after Christmas. Have you read the User Guide yet?
> http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=38&prid=650
>
> The IP to access your cam from outside is likely
> 213.106.82.xxx and would likely include the port number also. (your
> ntlworld IP addy) See the manual for the proper request format. You may not
> be able to test this properly from inside your LAN.
>

> "Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message
>
>>I got a Linksys WVC54G Internet camera for Christmas... the blurb says
>>it has a built in web-server and so can be accessed via the Internet
>>remotely. It is wirelessly connected to my Linksys WRT54G router using
>
> DHCP.
>
>>Now... assuming that I do NOT allow the IP address assigned to the
>>camera to change, then is it REALLY going to be accessible via the
>>Internet. The IP address assigned by the router is a common one and so
>>it not unique (in my opinion) in regard to the WWW i.e. if I type in
>>192.168.1.xxx remotely this surely cannot be unique and let a remote
>>user access MY camera?
>>
>>To me the 192.168.1.xxx range of addresses a purely my INTERNAL
>>addresses, irrelevant to the outside world, the only address the world
>>would have a chance of seeing/pinging/accessing would be the routers
>>address, right?
>>
>>The only other way is to pay an amount to Sololink which provides a
>>unique domain name...which costs, and as I am trialling it, it doesnt
>>work, even though I have port forwarding set up.
>>
>>So, have I been conned, IS there a way to access my camera remotely on
>>the Internet without using DDNS?
>>
>>TIA

Drat. I know its working, but I don't know your password. It is working
properly, because the logon *does* show.

Hahaha........

> Thanks all... all sorted now. Yes I did RTFM... honest :-( , but I didnt
> see any mention of the scenario I had. But the replies here have made
> sense and I can now access the webcam using the NTL assigned IP and the
> open port.
>
> Using the IP by itself just accessing the router admin menu, but using
> the port number on the end accesses the camera menu/viewer.
>
> Thanks all.
>

> Pepperoni wrote:
> > Well, its only 2 days after Christmas. Have you read the User Guide
yet?
> > http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=38&prid=650
> >
> > The IP to access your cam from outside is likely
> > 213.106.82.xxx and would likely include the port number also. (your
> > ntlworld IP addy) See the manual for the proper request format. You may
not
> > be able to test this properly from inside your LAN.
> >

> > "Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message
> >
> >>I got a Linksys WVC54G Internet camera for Christmas... the blurb says
> >>it has a built in web-server and so can be accessed via the Internet
> >>remotely. It is wirelessly connected to my Linksys WRT54G router using
> >
> > DHCP.
> >
> >>Now... assuming that I do NOT allow the IP address assigned to the
> >>camera to change, then is it REALLY going to be accessible via the
> >>Internet. The IP address assigned by the router is a common one and so
> >>it not unique (in my opinion) in regard to the WWW i.e. if I type in
> >>192.168.1.xxx remotely this surely cannot be unique and let a remote
> >>user access MY camera?
> >>
> >>To me the 192.168.1.xxx range of addresses a purely my INTERNAL
> >>addresses, irrelevant to the outside world, the only address the world
> >>would have a chance of seeing/pinging/accessing would be the routers
> >>address, right?
> >>
> >>The only other way is to pay an amount to Sololink which provides a
> >>unique domain name...which costs, and as I am trialling it, it doesnt
> >>work, even though I have port forwarding set up.
> >>
> >>So, have I been conned, IS there a way to access my camera remotely on
> >>the Internet without using DDNS?
> >>
> >>TIA

Err? Do you want to test it...as a thank you I have set up access (I
hope)...So:

http://213.106.82.133:1025

User: pennine
pw: hills

Let me know before it gets tooo dark here.

Thanks

Gingangooli wrote:
> Thanks all... all sorted now. Yes I did RTFM... honest :-( , but I didnt
> see any mention of the scenario I had. But the replies here have made
> sense and I can now access the webcam using the NTL assigned IP and the
> open port.
>
> Using the IP by itself just accessing the router admin menu, but using
> the port number on the end accesses the camera menu/viewer.
>
> Thanks all.
>

> Pepperoni wrote:
>
>> Well, its only 2 days after Christmas. Have you read the User Guide yet?
>> http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=38&prid=650
>>
>> The IP to access your cam from outside is likely
>> 213.106.82.xxx and would likely include the port number also. (your
>> ntlworld IP addy) See the manual for the proper request format. You
>> may not
>> be able to test this properly from inside your LAN.
>>

>> "Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> I got a Linksys WVC54G Internet camera for Christmas... the blurb says
>>> it has a built in web-server and so can be accessed via the Internet
>>> remotely. It is wirelessly connected to my Linksys WRT54G router using
>>

>> DHCP.
>>
>>> Now... assuming that I do NOT allow the IP address assigned to the
>>> camera to change, then is it REALLY going to be accessible via the
>>> Internet. The IP address assigned by the router is a common one and so
>>> it not unique (in my opinion) in regard to the WWW i.e. if I type in
>>> 192.168.1.xxx remotely this surely cannot be unique and let a remote
>>> user access MY camera?
>>>
>>> To me the 192.168.1.xxx range of addresses a purely my INTERNAL
>>> addresses, irrelevant to the outside world, the only address the world
>>> would have a chance of seeing/pinging/accessing would be the routers
>>> address, right?
>>>
>>> The only other way is to pay an amount to Sololink which provides a
>>> unique domain name...which costs, and as I am trialling it, it doesnt
>>> work, even though I have port forwarding set up.
>>>
>>> So, have I been conned, IS there a way to access my camera remotely on
>>> the Internet without using DDNS?
>>>
>>> TIA

I get a prompt using port 8080 but the password set won't work using your
link, I get your internal setup (configuration) page.

> Err? Do you want to test it...as a thank you I have set up access (I
> hope)...So:
>
> http://213.106.82.133:1025
>
> User: pennine
> pw: hills
>
> Let me know before it gets tooo dark here.
>
> Thanks

> Gingangooli wrote:
> > Thanks all... all sorted now. Yes I did RTFM... honest :-( , but I didnt
> > see any mention of the scenario I had. But the replies here have made
> > sense and I can now access the webcam using the NTL assigned IP and the
> > open port.
> >
> > Using the IP by itself just accessing the router admin menu, but using
> > the port number on the end accesses the camera menu/viewer.
> >
> > Thanks all.
> >

> > Pepperoni wrote:
> >
> >> Well, its only 2 days after Christmas. Have you read the User Guide
yet?
> >> http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=38&prid=650
> >>
> >> The IP to access your cam from outside is likely
> >> 213.106.82.xxx and would likely include the port number also. (your
> >> ntlworld IP addy) See the manual for the proper request format. You
> >> may not
> >> be able to test this properly from inside your LAN.
> >>

> >> "Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message

> >> DHCP.

See previous Pepp !

Pepperoni wrote:
> Drat. I know its working, but I don't know your password. It is working
> properly, because the logon *does* show.
>
> Hahaha........
>

> "Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message
>
>>Thanks all... all sorted now. Yes I did RTFM... honest :-( , but I didnt
>>see any mention of the scenario I had. But the replies here have made
>>sense and I can now access the webcam using the NTL assigned IP and the
>>open port.
>>
>>Using the IP by itself just accessing the router admin menu, but using
>>the port number on the end accesses the camera menu/viewer.
>>
>>Thanks all.
>>

>>Pepperoni wrote:
>>
>>>Well, its only 2 days after Christmas. Have you read the User Guide
>
> yet?
>
>>>http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=38&prid=650
>>>
>>>The IP to access your cam from outside is likely
>>> 213.106.82.xxx and would likely include the port number also. (your
>>>ntlworld IP addy) See the manual for the proper request format. You may
>
> not
>
>>>be able to test this properly from inside your LAN.
>>>

>>>"Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message

>>>DHCP.

Your link *does* work. The view video link must be hit before the password
prompt shows..... good work

Now, make sure no one can configure your cam by hitting the "setup" link.

(I get another password prompt---- didn't try it....)

> See previous Pepp !
>
> Pepperoni wrote:
> > Drat. I know its working, but I don't know your password. It is
working
> > properly, because the logon *does* show.
> >
> > Hahaha........
> >

> > "Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message
> >
> >>Thanks all... all sorted now. Yes I did RTFM... honest :-( , but I didnt
> >>see any mention of the scenario I had. But the replies here have made
> >>sense and I can now access the webcam using the NTL assigned IP and the
> >>open port.
> >>
> >>Using the IP by itself just accessing the router admin menu, but using
> >>the port number on the end accesses the camera menu/viewer.
> >>
> >>Thanks all.

> > yet?

> > not

Ohh... port 8080??? Its port 1025 that open..wierd. Oh well back to the
drawing board !!!

Pepperoni wrote:
> I get a prompt using port 8080 but the password set won't work using your
> link, I get your internal setup (configuration) page.
>

> "Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message
>
>>Err? Do you want to test it...as a thank you I have set up access (I
>>hope)...So:
>>
>>http://213.106.82.133:1025
>>
>>User: pennine
>>pw: hills
>>
>>Let me know before it gets tooo dark here.
>>
>>Thanks

>>Gingangooli wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks all... all sorted now. Yes I did RTFM... honest :-( , but I didnt
>>>see any mention of the scenario I had. But the replies here have made
>>>sense and I can now access the webcam using the NTL assigned IP and the
>>>open port.
>>>
>>>Using the IP by itself just accessing the router admin menu, but using
>>>the port number on the end accesses the camera menu/viewer.
>>>
>>>Thanks all.

> yet?

Disregard---- your link works after hitting the view link.

I suspect that I should not be seeing the setup link from outside, though.
Where is that street? looks like light rain today. (snow here in Ann
Arbor, Michigan)

> Ohh... port 8080??? Its port 1025 that open..wierd. Oh well back to the
> drawing board !!!
>
> Pepperoni wrote:
> > I get a prompt using port 8080 but the password set won't work using
your
> > link, I get your internal setup (configuration) page.

Try: http://213.106.82.133:1025/img/image.cgi?next_file=main_fs.htm
user: pennine
pw: hills

Gingangooli wrote:
> Ohh... port 8080??? Its port 1025 that open..wierd. Oh well back to the
> drawing board !!!
>
> Pepperoni wrote:
>
>> I get a prompt using port 8080 but the password set won't work using
>> your
>> link, I get your internal setup (configuration) page.
>>

>> "Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> Err? Do you want to test it...as a thank you I have set up access (I
>>> hope)...So:
>>>
>>> http://213.106.82.133:1025
>>>
>>> User: pennine
>>> pw: hills
>>>
>>> Let me know before it gets tooo dark here.
>>>
>>> Thanks

>> yet?

Ooops...we are posting at the same time.

Thank you for baring with me...and YES my setup is passworded separately.

Actually... I google searched for those folk that had used Sololink DNS,
and accessed a few cams...it was AMAZING just how many had NOT
passworded there setup menu !!!!

regards

Pepperoni wrote:
> Your link *does* work. The view video link must be hit before the password
> prompt shows..... good work
>
> Now, make sure no one can configure your cam by hitting the "setup" link.
>
> (I get another password prompt---- didn't try it....)
>

> "Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message
>
>>See previous Pepp !
>>
>>Pepperoni wrote:
>>
>>>Drat. I know its working, but I don't know your password. It is
>
> working
>
>>>properly, because the logon *does* show.
>>>
>>>Hahaha........
>>>

>>>"Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message

>>>yet?

> may
>
>>>not

Hi well, this is a suburb of Stockport in Cheshire, UK. About 12 miles
south of Manchester in NW UK. We are just going through a thaw after
snow on Christmas day (quite rare)... on a good day the view on the
horizon would be part of the Pennine Hills chain (the backbone of
UK...as they say here). They looked very pretty with the snow and
sunshine on them, but now its dusk so the limitations of the cam are
beginning to show..but Im very pleased with it so far.

The street is the minor road into the local village.. not very
picturesque..but at least its got moving objects!!!

Pepperoni wrote:
> Disregard---- your link works after hitting the view link.
>
> I suspect that I should not be seeing the setup link from outside, though.
> Where is that street? looks like light rain today. (snow here in Ann
> Arbor, Michigan)
>

> "Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message
>
>>Ohh... port 8080??? Its port 1025 that open..wierd. Oh well back to the
>>drawing board !!!
>>
>>Pepperoni wrote:
>>
>>>I get a prompt using port 8080 but the password set won't work using
>
> your
>
>>>link, I get your internal setup (configuration) page.

Whoops.. limitations of 4 users max does not make a good combination
when you give your URL to the world. I cant access my own cam now. So
...sorry I have got to disable this "global" access :-(

Makes note... "Limitation Of Webcam..."

Gingangooli wrote:
> Hi well, this is a suburb of Stockport in Cheshire, UK. About 12 miles
> south of Manchester in NW UK. We are just going through a thaw after
> snow on Christmas day (quite rare)... on a good day the view on the
> horizon would be part of the Pennine Hills chain (the backbone of
> UK...as they say here). They looked very pretty with the snow and
> sunshine on them, but now its dusk so the limitations of the cam are
> beginning to show..but Im very pleased with it so far.
>
> The street is the minor road into the local village.. not very
> picturesque..but at least its got moving objects!!!
>

> Pepperoni wrote:
>
>> Disregard---- your link works after hitting the view link.
>>
>> I suspect that I should not be seeing the setup link from outside,
>> though.
>> Where is that street? looks like light rain today. (snow here in Ann
>> Arbor, Michigan)
>>

>> "Gingangooli" <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> Ohh... port 8080??? Its port 1025 that open..wierd. Oh well back to the
>>> drawing board !!!

>> your

Thee manual tells how to set up for *designated* users only.

hahahaha

Clark W. Griswold, Jr. wrote:
> Gingangooli <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote:
>

>>So, have I been conned, IS there a way to access my camera remotely on
>>the Internet without using DDNS?
>

> Sigh. You really need to educate yourself a little more before you start
> throwing words around like "conned." Specifically, take a closer look at "port
> forwarding" in your router documentation.

Sigh. I believe I am reasonably educated, although not necessarily in
the world of networking. Alas, the written word does not easily express
the emotion with which it was composed. The word "conned" can be used in
various ways, I believed I was using it fairly correctly, in the sense
that there was not obvious mention in the user guide of the IP address
required for remote access of the "internet camera" via an ISP. If it is
there and I missed it then so be it and I would be more than happy to
admit such an oversight in advance.

As far as I can tell, the issue here was not to do with port forwarding,
although I would be the first to admit that in the "field of networking"
the definition of "port forwarding" might be of relevence.

The actual problem was traced (courtesy of more informed persons here)to
the incorrect selection of the IP address required for insertion as a
browser entry. The correct answer provided actually confirmed that I had
set up port forwarding correctly in terms of port selection against the
cameras IP address.

Finally, without sensing the emotion with which YOU composed your reply,
I am allowed to use the word "conned", as freedom of speech is still
possible in my part of the world, and unless you happen to be a legal
representative of Linksys or its subsidiaries I feel free to use it as
required. Even if it is not considered "Queens English" or grammatically
correct.

Thank You.

Gingangooli <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote:

>The word "conned" can be used in
>various ways, I believed I was using it fairly correctly, in the sense
>that there was not obvious mention in the user guide of the IP address
>required for remote access of the "internet camera" via an ISP. If it is
>there and I missed it then so be it and I would be more than happy to
>admit such an oversight in advance.

Words have meanings and most people understand the word conned to mean swindled,
as this is the primary definition of the word according to Merriam Webster and
other dictionaries.

I *think* what you were trying to say is "I understand it to be possible to
access my new internet camera from outside my local network without paying money
to the camera manufacturer. Given that the camera has a non-routeable address
(192.168.x.x), I can't figure out how to set things up to make this happen. Can
anyone help?"

Honey, vinegar, flies, etc...

Clark W. Griswold, Jr. wrote:
> Gingangooli <aintusingemail@thisplace.net> wrote:
>

>>The word "conned" can be used in
>>various ways, I believed I was using it fairly correctly, in the sense
>>that there was not obvious mention in the user guide of the IP address
>>required for remote access of the "internet camera" via an ISP. If it is
>>there and I missed it then so be it and I would be more than happy to
>>admit such an oversight in advance.
>

> Words have meanings and most people understand the word conned to mean swindled,
> as this is the primary definition of the word according to Merriam Webster and
> other dictionaries.
>
> I *think* what you were trying to say is

snip

Nope... I said what I said.

> Honey, vinegar, flies, etc...

BS, Flamer, Idiot, Killfile, etc....