Windows back up utility not working

bluebottle

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2004

When I try to make a back up of my C:/ drive selecting 'All information on
this computer' to my d:/ partition the process fails with the message 'Files
for the recovery diskette could not be created. The operation was aborted'.

How can I get this to work?

Note: The utlity does work when just backing up My Documents as this action
does not require the creation of a Recovery disk.

Regards
BB

Hi Bluebottle,

If you are running Home Edition, have a look at this MSKB article, "An Error
Message Is Displayed When You Attempt to Use the Automated System Recovery
Wizard":

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Bluebottle" <Bluebottle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to make a back up of my C:/ drive selecting 'All information on
> this computer' to my d:/ partition the process fails with the message
'Files
> for the recovery diskette could not be created. The operation was
aborted'.

> How can I get this to work?
>
> Note: The utlity does work when just backing up My Documents as this
action
> does not require the creation of a Recovery disk.
>
> Regards
> BB

bluebottle

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2004

Thanks Patti

This certainly allows me to back up more than before.

BB

"Patti MacLeod" wrote:

> Hi Bluebottle,
>
> If you are running Home Edition, have a look at this MSKB article, "An Error
> Message Is Displayed When You Attempt to Use the Automated System Recovery
> Wizard":
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=302700
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "Bluebottle" <Bluebottle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I try to make a back up of my C:/ drive selecting 'All information on
> > this computer' to my d:/ partition the process fails with the message
> 'Files
> > for the recovery diskette could not be created. The operation was
> aborted'.
> >
> > How can I get this to work?
> >
> > Note: The utlity does work when just backing up My Documents as this
> action
> > does not require the creation of a Recovery disk.
> >
> > Regards
> > BB

You're very welcome, Bluebottle :)

Regards,

--

> Thanks Patti
>
> This certainly allows me to back up more than before.
>
> BB
>
> "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
>
> > Hi Bluebottle,
> >
> > If you are running Home Edition, have a look at this MSKB article, "An
Error
> > Message Is Displayed When You Attempt to Use the Automated System
Recovery
> > Wizard":
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=302700
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Patti MacLeod
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
> >
> > "Bluebottle" <Bluebottle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I try to make a back up of my C:/ drive selecting 'All
information on
> > > this computer' to my d:/ partition the process fails with the message
> > 'Files
> > > for the recovery diskette could not be created. The operation was
> > aborted'.
> > >
> > > How can I get this to work?
> > >
> > > Note: The utlity does work when just backing up My Documents as this
> > action
> > > does not require the creation of a Recovery disk.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > BB

TRENDING THREADS