Verifying DMI Pool Data . . . forever

G

I have picked up a used motherboard and have FINALLY got it to where it will at least show signs of life. Now, however, it reaches the Verifying DMI Pool Data and hangs (once it did get to Updating ESCD Data, Success but then it returned to the same old hang) and then just sits there with the cursor blinking two lines down. I have let it sit for 30 minutes but it will not go past this point.

I have read a number of posts, all over the Net, which claim this is caused by anything from a bad HDD/MBR/Block Addressing to a full moon on Friday the 13th. Then I stumbled across one article which suggested that this could be a corrupted BIOS and suggested flashing the bad one to correct this problem. I must say that I am completely flumuxed -- and would appreciate ANY help (well any help that doesn's start with "wait for a full moon, then kill some animal . . ."). Thanks in advance . . .

Mac

BrianL

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Had the same problem on a SOYO board and turning off the bios caching did the trick but had to take the performance hit

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Usually caused by bad HDD/MBR/Block Addressing. Try setting your drive as "large" if it's currently at "LBA" or vice versa. Or unplug it and see if you can boot from floppy, just to test it.

Back to you Tom...

G

Thanks I will give this a try. Any ideas as to what causes this condition?

G

Thanks, I stripped it down to just the mobo, video card, cpu, memory, and a floppy drive and the condition persists. I changed the PnP OS and rescan options in the BIOS but still had no luck.

Mac

TRENDING THREADS