Diablo 3 release date

Solution
The BETA has launched and Blizzard is currently testing it's servers to make sure their new platform is running smoothly. Blizzard always takes a little longer to launch their titles and given that they really want to nail their new BattleNet platform, I'd say the BETA will be tested for a good 4-6 months as they fix/patch bugs with the live community. After that, I'd give them another 6-12 months to do final touch-ups.

My guess is Q1 2013.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
The BETA has launched and Blizzard is currently testing it's servers to make sure their new platform is running smoothly. Blizzard always takes a little longer to launch their titles and given that they really want to nail their new BattleNet platform, I'd say the BETA will be tested for a good 4-6 months as they fix/patch bugs with the live community. After that, I'd give them another 6-12 months to do final touch-ups.

My guess is Q1 2013.

Solution

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

I'd love to be wrong (and you right) but Sellers have claimed many dates with D3...which always got postponed. Blizzard release games "When they're ready"...which I believe will be by Blizzards standard in about a year or so...

That said, from a marketing perspective, D3 will be released on Q1 (regardless of the year).