Trying to reload Windows XP recovery disks.

I have a HP ze4100 laptop computer. It had Windows XP operating system. One
day I turned on the computer and got the message: no operating system found.
I have tried to load the system recovery disks (a total of 7) but get the
error: error encountered while creating Save to Disk partition.
I do not need to save any files or data: I just need to be able to
re-install Windows XP.

Thanks, Jamedare

--
Jamedare
2 answers Last reply

    Operating System Not Found" or "Missing operating system" error message when
    you start your Windows XP-based computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321626&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Jamedare" <Jamedare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a HP ze4100 laptop computer. It had Windows XP operating system.
    One
    > day I turned on the computer and got the message: no operating system
    found.
    > I have tried to load the system recovery disks (a total of 7) but get the
    > error: error encountered while creating Save to Disk partition.
    > I do not need to save any files or data: I just need to be able to
    > re-install Windows XP.
    >
    > Thanks, Jamedare

    I'd expect that these would indicate that the system has lost the drive -
    check that it is detected in the BIOS. It may have simply failed or just
    need to be removed and reseated. If it's failed, a replacement drive should
    be properly detected. See if you can borrow another one known to work; if
    that does not work, other hardware is indicated, which will mean
    professional servicing.

    HTH
    -pk

Data Recovery Windows XP