active windows in taskbar missing

For about a week now, when ever I open a program nothing shows in the taskbar
for the active window. When I minimize the program or window, it dissapears
also. I ohave to open task manager to see what programs are still running.
This problem is intermittent. Some times when I boot up everything works
fine. Then the active programs don't show on the taskbar again
Windows XP; Dell

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

The same thing is happening to me. It started this past Saturday. Any
program or folder I open never appears in the taskbar, and when I minimize
any window, it disappears. The program/window is still active, and the only
way I can access it again is by going through taskmanager. Yesterday I did a
system restore, to last Teusday (23rd), and this problem was temporarily
fixed. Then when my computer came out of standby this morning, same
problem... VERY ANNOYING!!! My OS and virus software are up to date; I've
done a full system scan: nothing.

Sony Laptop (PCG-GRT170), XP Pro SP2, Norton INTSECPRO 2004.
hadbe@msn.com