active windows in taskbar missing

For about a week now, when ever I open a program nothing shows in the taskbar
for the active window. When I minimize the program or window, it dissapears
also. I ohave to open task manager to see what programs are still running.
This problem is intermittent. Some times when I boot up everything works
fine. Then the active programs don't show on the taskbar again
Windows XP; Dell
1 answer Last reply
More about active windows taskbar missing

    The same thing is happening to me. It started this past Saturday. Any
    program or folder I open never appears in the taskbar, and when I minimize
    any window, it disappears. The program/window is still active, and the only
    way I can access it again is by going through taskmanager. Yesterday I did a
    system restore, to last Teusday (23rd), and this problem was temporarily
    fixed. Then when my computer came out of standby this morning, same
    problem... VERY ANNOYING!!! My OS and virus software are up to date; I've
    done a full system scan: nothing.

    Sony Laptop (PCG-GRT170), XP Pro SP2, Norton INTSECPRO 2004.
    hadbe@msn.com

    "klb" wrote:

    > For about a week now, when ever I open a program nothing shows in the taskbar
    > for the active window. When I minimize the program or window, it dissapears
    > also. I ohave to open task manager to see what programs are still running.
    > This problem is intermittent. Some times when I boot up everything works
    > fine. Then the active programs don't show on the taskbar again
    > Windows XP; Dell

Taskbar Microsoft Windows XP