After restore to prior setting, XP will start, but goes to..

After restoring to prior date, lost power during restart, and it goes to safe
mode, from which it will not change. I have a blank screen after any
configuration changes.
My software was installed by another individual, who is in Iran. Is there
any way that I can restore the computer, without the software?
1 answer Last reply
More about after restore prior setting start

    You have a couple options to try...

    1) Go into SAFE MODE by pressing F8 when you power up the system.
    - from the RUN dialog box type the following to start the SYSTEM RESTORE :

    c:\windows\system\restore\rstrui.exe

    as per KB279736 ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279736)

    2) You can follow the steps from KB307545 . You don't need to have the
    Windows XP cd, you can use a Windows 2000 or 2003 cd to get to the recovery
    console. If you don't have access to any of those, you can try to create a
    bootable cd from --> http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

    [How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from
    starting]
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

    I hope this helps.

    *
    Craig
    Microsoft Setup Team

    Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

    Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp

    See the Windows NT Homepage at
    http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/

    NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
    others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
    more timely response. Thank you!

    This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
    implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
    merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

    The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do
    not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of
    Microsoft.
    **

Windows XP Software