computer will not start after reset to prior date, XP Pro

Reconfigured to prior date, lost power during restart, it there any way to
bring it back without the install disk, someone else installed it.

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

while booting press F8 to get boot options, select safe mode or restore to
last settings that worked if its available. Once it boots to safe mode
(hopefully it does) restart normally and hopefully this helps you out. Let me
know if you have more problems let me know what they are and we can go from
there.

"greenwn" wrote:

> Reconfigured to prior date, lost power during restart, it there any way to
> bring it back without the install disk, someone else installed it.

Michael:

I tried the F8, however every setup still resulted in a blank screen (sorry
I did not get back with you sooner, any other suggestions?
Thanks, Bill

"Michael" wrote:

> while booting press F8 to get boot options, select safe mode or restore to
> last settings that worked if its available. Once it boots to safe mode
> (hopefully it does) restart normally and hopefully this helps you out. Let me
> know if you have more problems let me know what they are and we can go from
> there.
>
> "greenwn" wrote:
>
> > Reconfigured to prior date, lost power during restart, it there any way to
> > bring it back without the install disk, someone else installed it.

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You dl setup disks and run the repair by pushing r to enter the recovery
disks found here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=boot+disk&DisplayLang=en