Controlling the order in which programs load at startup

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the order in which programs load at
startup. My norton Firewall keeps preventing my MSN Messenger from loading
automatically. I need MSN messenger to load after Norton Firewall.
2 answers Last reply
More about controlling order programs load startup

    Do not load MSN on Startup.

    Clean Windows Startup and hidden Startup:
    http://www.fixyourwindows.com/optimizewindowsstartup.htm

    Try Trillian:
    http://www.download.com/Trillian/3000-2150_4-10148311.html?tag=lst-0-1

    Good Luck!
    ---
    How to optimize Windows XP, 2000, ME
    for the best performance (Step-by-step Visual Guide):
    http://www.fixyourwindows.com

    Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
    http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
    (Links to online virus scans on the same page)

    "ggray912" wrote:

    > Does anyone know if there is a way to set the order in which programs load at
    > startup. My norton Firewall keeps preventing my MSN Messenger from loading
    > automatically. I need MSN messenger to load after Norton Firewall.

    Thanks for the info but I've tried Trillian and a whole host of others like
    Trillian. The programs aren't stable and the IM companies keep changing
    their protocols so that you can't connect through a third party program.

    "r" wrote:

    > Do not load MSN on Startup.
    >
    > Clean Windows Startup and hidden Startup:
    > http://www.fixyourwindows.com/optimizewindowsstartup.htm
    >
    > Try Trillian:
    > http://www.download.com/Trillian/3000-2150_4-10148311.html?tag=lst-0-1
    >
    > Good Luck!
    > ---
    > How to optimize Windows XP, 2000, ME
    > for the best performance (Step-by-step Visual Guide):
    > http://www.fixyourwindows.com
    >
    > Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
    > http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
    > (Links to online virus scans on the same page)
    >

    > "ggray912" wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know if there is a way to set the order in which programs load at
    > > startup. My norton Firewall keeps preventing my MSN Messenger from loading
    > > automatically. I need MSN messenger to load after Norton Firewall.

Firewalls Norton MSN Messenger Windows XP