Controlling the order in which programs load at startup

October 27, 2004 1:59:03 AM

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the order in which programs load at
startup. My norton Firewall keeps preventing my MSN Messenger from loading
automatically. I need MSN messenger to load after Norton Firewall.
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 1:57:08 AM

Do not load MSN on Startup.

Clean Windows Startup and hidden Startup:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/optimizewindowsstartup.ht...

Try Trillian:
http://www.download.com/Trillian/3000-2150_4-10148311.h...

Good Luck!
---
How to optimize Windows XP, 2000, ME
for the best performance (Step-by-step Visual Guide):
http://www.fixyourwindows.com

Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
(Links to online virus scans on the same page)

"ggray912" wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a way to set the order in which programs load at
> startup. My norton Firewall keeps preventing my MSN Messenger from loading
> automatically. I need MSN messenger to load after Norton Firewall.
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 9:33:01 AM

Thanks for the info but I've tried Trillian and a whole host of others like
Trillian. The programs aren't stable and the IM companies keep changing
their protocols so that you can't connect through a third party program.

!