BF3 vs MW3 Choose your side !!

Tags:
  • Battlefield
  • Games
  • Graphics Cards
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
October 21, 2011 4:10:51 AM

As we all know the two best games of the year are going to be coming out soon, hopefully. I dont know about you guys but im pumped for bf3 I actually bought a new graphics card just so i can run that game smoothly lol. I hope all of you guys are pumped for these 2 games as well. If you are check out http://kzkomputers.wordpress.com/ and vote!! Choose your side !!

For me im bf3 hands down :) 

Dont let the rival win in the voting !!

More about : bf3 mw3 choose side

a b U Graphics card
October 21, 2011 2:54:32 PM

huntsman said:
As we all know the two best games of the year are going to be coming out soon, hopefully. I dont know about you guys but im pumped for bf3 I actually bought a new graphics card just so i can run that game smoothly lol. I hope all of you guys are pumped for these 2 games as well. If you are check out http://kzkomputers.wordpress.com/ and vote!! Choose your side !!

For me im bf3 hands down :) 

Dont let the rival win in the voting !!

Choose your side? wtf are you on about mate? Since when are we only allowed to like one game.....I'll be buying both.
Score
October 21, 2011 3:26:01 PM

bf3 for pc FTW
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 21, 2011 3:34:49 PM

great way to start a fanboy war
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 21, 2011 3:51:17 PM

FlintIronStagg said:
great way to start a fanboy war

Just what I was thinking mate.

OT @ FlintIronStagg - Your sig still makes me chuckle.
Score
October 21, 2011 4:51:57 PM

hehe I was gonna allow an answer that says both, but then i know alot of ppl would vote on that so thats why i only allowed 2 answers, either bf3 or mw3. Im still debating on mw3 as im open to all games but the call of duty games in my opinion are really repetitive, and i dont see anything new from them.

I do however like the old call of duty games.

And gothems think of it this way if you were short on money which game would you go for first?
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 21, 2011 5:03:28 PM

Hmm...I would get BF3 first because its out before MW3, but if they were both released at the same time and I was short on money I would still prob get BF3 first just because im more intrigued by BF3 as I know what im getting with MW3.
Score
October 21, 2011 5:09:25 PM

Sounds good to me, have you played the bf3 beta ? if so what you think of it ?
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 21, 2011 5:32:50 PM

I really didn't like the metro map, but caspian border was great, but unfortunately I didn't get much chance to play on caspian border.
Score
October 21, 2011 5:54:13 PM

Call of duty: bad company 3
Score
October 21, 2011 8:33:58 PM

Of course I am going to get both, it's best of both worlds for me, since I am not a multiplayer person and I could care less for multiplayer game mechanics/tactics.

And huntsman, mate, you keep asking/talking about voting, and all that jazz... why didn't you started a poll, so we can start a legitimate (yeah, sarcasm) flame war here, on dated graphics and two multiplayer maps full of bugs.

I'd keep away from such "choosing sides" kind of threads, it will lead to nowhere, and it'll eventually go down in flames, with people hating each others' choices, when tastes are so different for each and every one of us.
Score

Best solution

October 21, 2011 8:51:11 PM

Two best games? Don't you mean three? Skyrim?! Skyrim is mainly the game I'm looking forward to! But if I really have to pick between the two, I would pick Battlefield 3.
October 21, 2011 11:58:11 PM

Eldd There is a poll when you click on the link. I also would think that people on tomshardware would be alot more mature and can understand that different people like different games. If you argue over the internet than your not worth the time to speak to. Like you mentioned flaming, I can see young kids doing that but on tomshardware I would think there is more grown up people that can face the fact that both of the games are awesome, and that are open minded to discussion.

I also dont understand why people post the kind of things that you posted. That relates to me instead of the topic thats been asked. But thanks and I can understand where your coming from.
Score
October 22, 2011 12:15:44 AM

I'm gonna be getting BF3, I just think that when I play any COD game that there is barely any team play, whatever game type I play most of the people treat it just as Team Deathmatch.

When I played the Battlefield 3 Beta, almost every game that I was in everyone was going for the objectives and not caring about their K/D ratio, which made the game extremely fun.
Score
October 22, 2011 12:16:54 AM

lilotimz said:
Watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRqfFfuVuNE&feature=chan...

then watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7GVSx7yMaA&feature=shar...

You decide but for me...

I'll be waiting in an A10 waiting for you to direct me the enemy armored vehicles and infantry.

Jeeze those were some pretty sick trailers that I haven't watched, every map in Battlefield 3 is looking sick, and I especially want to play the map where you get to base jump at the start
Score
October 22, 2011 12:28:26 AM

^ agree, I do like how in bf3 everyone plays the objective instead of worrying about the k/d ratio like you mentioned. It makes the game alot more enjoyable. However for competitive gaming I do think Mw3 will stand out.
Score
October 22, 2011 12:31:20 AM

thegeek, Hmm I will have to check that out, and although im not to much into games like that it could be interesting.
Score
October 22, 2011 12:33:38 AM

Okay guys, Since so many people are worrying about flaming if you could just vote on the site http://kzkomputers.wordpress.com/ and if you have any questions or thoughts youd like to share just leave a comment on there. thanks everyone, and wow cant believe bf3 is almost here.

Damn those trailers look sick.
Score
October 22, 2011 1:14:18 AM

huntsman said:
^ agree, I do like how in bf3 everyone plays the objective instead of worrying about the k/d ratio like you mentioned. It makes the game alot more enjoyable. However for competitive gaming I do think Mw3 will stand out.

Lol there is no doubt about it that COD is alot more competitive, it is still a really fun game if you like fast paced, close quarters combat, but in my opinion I still think Battlefield 3 is better. If I hear good reviews on COD i will probably be buying it too :)  If the funds aren't too low.

Score
October 22, 2011 1:54:23 AM

lol same here :)  I will try to get both. I just hope the maps on bf3 arent huge cuz than it takes forever to get into action. What i like about cod games is that maps are small or at least not as big as bf3 and you get into the action faster. But since bf3 has vehicles i guess the maps do have to be bigger.
Score
October 22, 2011 7:18:25 AM

huntsman said:
Eldd There is a poll when you click on the link. I also would think that people on tomshardware would be alot more mature and can understand that different people like different games. If you argue over the internet than your not worth the time to speak to. Like you mentioned flaming, I can see young kids doing that but on tomshardware I would think there is more grown up people that can face the fact that both of the games are awesome, and that are open minded to discussion.

I also dont understand why people post the kind of things that you posted. That relates to me instead of the topic thats been asked. But thanks and I can understand where your coming from.

I am sorry and I apologize if my post seemed to attack your person, that wasn't my intention. But I have spent a good number of years on various forums, and I have seen good things turn bad, fast. And the only thing one can do to keep things in check is to be really careful about making someone take a pick, because they will feel their choice is the best and go to high heaven to defend it and smear the others'. Plus there are a lot of other threads with the same subject? Like choose MW3 or BF3?

Anyways, both games look good or me, since it's the single player campaign I am interested in, and I will get both.

Score
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2011 1:33:51 PM

huntsman said:
can see young kids doing that but on tomshardware I would think there is more grown up people that can face the fact that both of the games are awesome, and that are open minded to discussion.

You would think so wouldn't you, but unfortunately there is a lot of ignorant people on here.
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2011 1:35:59 PM

Gothams Finest said:
You would think so wouldn't you, but unfortunately there is a lot of ignorant people on here.

Whenever you throw people together they tend to argue. Most people dont know how to not take differing opinions personally, then the flame war starts.
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2011 1:44:30 PM

FlintIronStagg said:
Whenever you throw people together they tend to argue. Most people dont know how to not take differing opinions personally, then the flame war starts.

Of course, but I will never understand why "fanyboys" take comments about games or manufacturers/companys personally. Its pathetic, evan for a child.
Score
October 22, 2011 3:12:38 PM

At the end of the day, why would people choose a side? People have only had the chance to play BF3 beta and nothing of MW3. More than likely everybody will buy both games anyway. BF3 looks like the best game in my opinion. A lot more action! Give it time though, where everybody has learned the map inside and out, and will be doing stupid things to p**s everybody off. I myself am looking forward to playing the campaign only for both games. Online just brings out the worst in people.
Score
October 22, 2011 7:18:15 PM

Okay, well sorry for making the thread about choosing sides. Thought it be nice to see what game people are more excited to play.

For some reason I never got into playing campaign in games. I always preferred multiplayer.
How ever I do like games that have co-op campaign, and i believe bf3 is gona have something like that. I think.
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2011 7:19:46 PM

campaign is what i play every game for. good MP is justa bonus imo. i remember the days of goldeneye 64 when multiplayer meant 4 guys crowded around some crappy secondhand tv the parents gave us for games
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2011 7:42:07 PM

Going by the length of most single player games these days, its not worth the money buying a game for single player alone anymore.
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2011 7:45:19 PM

tell me about it; kane n lynch 2 was 3 hours. what a ripoff. luckily i only paid 5 bux for it on steam sale.
metro on the other hand was a nice length and was great fun.
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2011 7:49:16 PM

Yeah I love metro. I love the book aswell. Good book if you haven't already read it.
Score
October 22, 2011 9:44:45 PM

Hopefully the COD series will explore new game engines. Paying 70 dollars for tech that's half a decade old is a little obnoxious and the primary reason I won't give MW3 a chance =/.
Score
October 23, 2011 1:32:28 AM

casualcolors said:
Hopefully the COD series will explore new game engines. Paying 70 dollars for tech that's half a decade old is a little obnoxious and the primary reason I won't give MW3 a chance =/.

Yeah it turned me off as well when I saw them say the MW2 engine would last another 5 years and nothing else would be created because it does everything they want. They refuse to recognize that they're falling behind imo. Anyways I'll be playing BF3 and haven't decided on whether I'll purchase MW3 because it looks just like the last 2.
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 23, 2011 1:35:56 AM

lol, finally someone speaks the truth!
Ive been tired of getting the same game over and over and over
Score
October 23, 2011 5:20:11 AM

if you think about it its just like the iphone they barely change anything but still people get it.
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 23, 2011 2:55:46 PM

huntsman said:
if you think about it its just like the iphone they barely change anything but still people get it.

Or sports games that are the same every year but people still buy...
Score
October 23, 2011 3:24:49 PM

Gothams Finest said:
Or sports games that are the same every year but people still buy...

Oh yes, that is indeed so, right on the spot... don't you just like a new release from FIFA series where all they can say from one year to the next is something like "if you look closely, we changed the way shadows are rendered" or something close to that...
Score
October 23, 2011 4:19:07 PM

Hmmmm what to choose....?:

1. A game still sporting a 5-year old DX9 graphics engine with horrible physics, ridiculous ragdoll effects, over the top depth of field, full of ragequitting teenagers that somehow all bought the most noisy cheap headset money can buy - then turned mic. volume up to eleven and put mic. boost on 20% and do nothing but whine and call your mother a tard. Hitboxes which are utterly lame and over sensitive, so that you can actually kill a guy by shooting him twice in the foot.

2. A game with awesome DX11 compatible graphics, totally destructable invironments, an average age 5-10 years older than game # 1, challenges that actually requires teamplay, vehicles and realistic guns that respond to distance and armor, and realistic hitboxes that actually requires you to somehow hit within the vicinity of an enemy.

hmmm hard choice...
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 23, 2011 4:26:54 PM

chriscornell said:

1. A game still sporting a 5-year old DX9 graphics engine with horrible physics, ridiculous ragdoll effects, over the top depth of field, full of ragequitting teenagers that somehow all bought the most noisy cheap headset money can buy - then turned mic. volume up to eleven and put mic. boost on 20% and do nothing but whine and call your mother a tard. Hitboxes which are utterly lame and over sensitive, so that you can actually kill a guy by shooting him twice in the foot.

2. A game with awesome DX11 compatible graphics, totally destructable invironments, an average age 5-10 years older than game # 1, challenges that actually requires teamplay, vehicles and realistic guns that respond to distance and armor, and realistic hitboxes that actually requires you to somehow hit within the vicinity of an enemy.

hmmm hard choice...

I'm guessing option one would better suit you.
Score
October 23, 2011 5:16:54 PM

^ lol, you gotta admit his description about the games was right on the money.
Score
October 23, 2011 5:21:23 PM

I will be playing BF3 .....I loved Modern Warfare it is possibly my favorite muliplayer game ever. However since MW2 I think they are all just rehash's and yeah I cant stand them online anymore. BF3 seems to be more mature as people do care about Objectives more so than K/D and thats what is important. I want to win .....I dont care about K/D's. We will see if i even try MW3 but at this moment I will stay away. Both games bring alot to the table but after 4 years of CoD I will give BF its shot in the spotlight.

LOL Id have to agree with his summary of both games, CoD games are awfully forgiving to bad players.
Score
October 23, 2011 5:21:54 PM

chriscornell said:

hmmm hard choice...

Hopefully for you, those ragequitting teenagers won't invade your second choice, or you'll be having the same nightmare. And you know what? They will do it, because of all the eye-candy and the new gameplay... So whatever you choose, be afraid, be very afraid...
Score
October 23, 2011 5:25:32 PM

Eldd said:
Hopefully for you, those ragequitting teenagers won't invade your second choice, or you'll be having the same nightmare. And you know what? They will do it, because of all the eye-candy and the new gameplay... So whatever you choose, be afraid, be very afraid...

yeah they will cross over however ...BF3 is not as forgiving as CoD is on bad players. And if they crossover they will need to learn team play , med packs, revives ammo etc. Lone wolfs dont end up with good ratio's most of the time in BF3 and if they want to camp as a sniper , a heli or tank will kill them many many times.
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 23, 2011 5:27:45 PM

I meet just as many idiots online playing Battlefield as I do playing Call of Duty.
(Not playing for the objectives, blowing up vehicles so people can't use them, team killing)

Unfortunately your going to meet them what ever game you play.

But I will agree there is a lot more kids playing Call of Duty, but thats only because more people play Call of Duty so ofcourse the % of children/idiots is going to be higher.
Score
October 23, 2011 5:29:58 PM

Gothams Finest said:
I meet just as many idiots online playing Battlefield as I do playing Call of Duty.
(Not playing for the objectives, blowing up vehicles so people can't use them, team killing)

Unfortunately your going to meet them what ever game you play.

But I will agree there is a lot more kids playing Call of Duty, but thats only because more people play Call of Duty so ofcourse the % of children/idiots is going to be higher.

one thing i do have to admit is .....in either game PC gamers tend to be the most level headed. I am Bias towards BF3 because I will and always have played BF and BFBC games on the computer. CoD MW and since than I have played on 360 or PS3 so my experiences with both are skewed.
Score
October 23, 2011 5:30:26 PM

envymert said:
yeah they will cross over however ...BF3 is not as forgiving as CoD is on bad players. And if they crossover they will need to learn team play , med packs, revives ammo etc. Lone wolfs dont end up with good ratio's most of the time in BF3 and if they want to camp as a sniper , a heli or tank will kill them many many times.

So more yelling into cranked up microphones from those kids... *sigh*

Because learning is hard to do, and it takes time and patience, and those 30 seconds attention span time players will give everyone a hard time. First time I was watching a multiplayer game in COD I think, on Youtube, all I could hear were frustrated cries and yells from what sounded like 14 year olds? I was like "what the..." And that minute I knew with clarity why I will never play multiplayer matches no matter how good a game could be.
Score
October 23, 2011 5:34:32 PM

Eldd said:
So more yelling into cranked up microphones from those kids... *sigh*

Because learning is hard to do, and it takes time and patience, and those 30 seconds attention span time players will give everyone a hard time. First time I was watching a multiplayer game in COD I think, on Youtube, all I could hear were frustrated cries and yells from what sounded like 14 year olds? I was like "what the..." And that minute I knew with clarity why I will never play multiplayer matches no matter how good a game could be.

In all games this is why the mute button was invented. Just highlight their name and BAM muted.
Score
October 23, 2011 5:40:43 PM

envymert said:
In all games this is why the mute button was invented. Just highlight their name and BAM muted.

Haha, indeed... that reminds me of the bad old time I was into World of Warcraft... muting the mike during raids. Too much frustration there.
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 23, 2011 5:41:51 PM

envymert said:
one thing i do have to admit is .....in either game PC gamers tend to be the most level headed.

True, consoles have a lot more kids as there a lot more cheaper and more accessible.

When I used to play Call of Duty and Halo on the 360 I had their microphones muted all the time (Nobody seemed to use a mic on Battlefield for the 360) it was full of singing kids, hillbilly yanks (I'm talking about a very small minority of Americans) and racists.

Playing on computer is a lot better but it depends on the game, I played World of Warcraft for a while and f**k me the people on there are beyond a joke.
Score
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest