tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey Guys,
It's been a while.......where can I find reviews on the new Mobo's with the KT266A, SiS735 and Nforce chipsets, that are out right now? Even better if they had a bench-mark comparision of the mobos. Is anyone shipping a better SiS735 mobo than the ECS, yet? If this has all ready been posted, Sorry just tell me the Subject name and Date, I only went back a few days of posts. Thanks again!
Peace Out...........tile

Keep Hope Alive!

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
noone has any SiS boards out still cept for ecs. and i'm very likely going to send mine back or give it to my sister and get MSI's kt266a board. i don't see how i could have any more problems with that then with this ecs board.

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey S,
Thanks I had forgotten all about Anandtech.com! It looks like I will not be getting a Nforce based mobo. Based on the lack of higher performance than the KT266A with a higher cost. Thanks!
Peace Out.........tile

Keep Hope Alive!

G

Itz lookin to me like the NForce is targeted at the peeps who want a 'good' performer but don't feel the urge to have 'the bestest'.

If a user is happy with the integrated GF2 and sound, then the NForce really is a less expensive option (don't have to spring for the cards)

So itz all good ..... me? OH NOOOOOOOO
I gotta travel with my hair on fire......

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey M,
Thanks for your input. I was hoping that someone else had released a better SiS 735 mobo with better OC'ing options. It was good to hear your honest opinion about the ECS mobo, though. I was not considering the ECS mobo, because I don't have any experience with their products, and they are not a tweaker's kind of company.
Peace Out.........tile

Keep Hope Alive!

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey F,
Thanks! Great site advice! Great selection of reviews and links! I think I will be getting a KT266A chipset mobo based on the reviews that I read. If I had to get a mobo right now, I think I might buy the Shuttle mobo AK31 v3.1 or the Epox 8KHA+. Right now I think it might be the wisest thing to wait one more month to see if I still have my job or if I am standing in a unemployment line like 200 other guys in my deptment.
Peace Out.............tile

Keep Hope Alive!

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey I,
I think you are right. I think most people want easy solutions and don't know what "On-Board" means. I am a tweaker and I want to have a better Graphic solution than the integrated GF 2 MX. The integrated sound is nice, but I already have a good enough sound card. I was thinking about the NForce, but only if it was much better than everything else. Maybe the next version will be, this one is not released yet, and it seems to be only as good the KT266A, but for more money.
Peace Out............tile

Keep Hope Alive!

knowan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
Leadtech is releasing a SIS 735 based mobo with advanced overclocking options (1 MHz increments to FSB, etc). I don't know when it will be released though.

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey FatBurger,
Chaintech has 2 Micro ATX SiS 735 mobos: 7SID & 7SJsD.....I have never used a Chaintech mobo, and I like to have the full sized ATX mobo's. "Leadtek" is coming out with a ATX form factor mobo called 7350 KDA..... I have never used a Leadtek mobo either, so I will wait for some reviews first. Although it looks like I will most likely buy a KT266A mobo, in a month, if I don't get laid off and bussiness picks up.
Peace Out.............tile

Keep Hope Alive!