Back-up prior to re-install of WIN XP Pro/SP2

Never having backed-up for that purpose, I am unsure how/where to locate and
back-up important emails and addresses which I should like to restore once
I've done a 'clean' re-install

Would appreciate greatly any advice on this. Thanks in advance.

PP

"Inside Outlook Express - Backup and Restore"
http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/backup/index.htm
--
Ted Zieglar

"Mr Moneypenny" <pink-panther@spottyntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Never having backed-up for that purpose, I am unsure how/where to locate
and
> back-up important emails and addresses which I should like to restore once
> I've done a 'clean' re-install
>
> Would appreciate greatly any advice on this. Thanks in advance.
>
> PP

"Mr Moneypenny" <pink-panther@spottyntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Never having backed-up for that purpose, I am unsure how/where to locate
and
> back-up important emails and addresses which I should like to restore once
> I've done a 'clean' re-install
>
> Would appreciate greatly any advice on this. Thanks in advance.
>
> PP

There are two separate locations for OE emails and Windows Address Book
files.

In OE, go to Tools, Options, Maintenance, and click on Store Folder. This
will display the location.

In Address Book, click on Help, About. The location will be displayed.

Note that these locations may be *hidden or system folders*, and that you
may have to go into Explorer, and choose Tools, Folder Options, View, and
turn on "show hidden and system folders".

In OE, you should also go into Tools, Accounts, and export whatever accounts
you find there. Save these to disk with teh emails and addresses. It will
make setting up the accounts *much* easier; when you are into OE on the new
system, say no to creating an account, and instead go to Tools, Accounts,
and import the ones you saved.

HTH
-pk

Thanks Ted and Test User, I'm very grateful.

Regards

PP