System Restore Won't Restore

Everytime I try to restore my computer to an earlier point I get.... can not
restore to an earlier time. Please select another date. I do that and get
same thing everytime. Any ideas on what is could cause this and how to fix
this?

Thanks,
Lauren
1 answer Last reply
More about system restore restore

    Hi Lauren

    One or more of the System Restore files could have been corrupted - try
    turning SR off/on - but I'm afraid that you will lose any existing
    checkpoints:

    Right click My Computer, select Properties and then the System Restore tab.
    Enable 'Turn off System Restore on all drives' and reboot your PC. After
    that 1st reboot go back into SR and disable 'Turn off System Restore on all
    drives' and reboot your PC again. After that 2nd reboot you should have one
    new SR checkpoint.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Lauren" <Lauren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Everytime I try to restore my computer to an earlier point I get.... can
    > not
    > restore to an earlier time. Please select another date. I do that and
    > get
    > same thing everytime. Any ideas on what is could cause this and how to
    > fix
    > this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Lauren