transfer to new computer

October 28, 2004 8:31:37 PM

When running the files and settings transfer program on the "old" computer,
I get an error message "Windows cannot copy the following file:"
these filesare the following
c:\windows\system32\config\system.log, also software.log, default.log,
sam.log and security.log!

What are these files and are they necessary to have to transfer to the "new"
computer? How do I copy them??
Thanks

More about : transfer computer

Anonymous
November 3, 2004 11:14:02 AM

Hi,

These files are created to record the events that occur when the computer is
functioning. Since these files are active and open they cannot be copied.
Hence this error message. You can ignore this warning and proceed with the
rest of the files.

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP